Summer: Day 31

Summer: Day 31

Zach's POV:

"Zachariah! Where's your hoodie?" Mackenzie asks, frantically running around in her bra and blue-washed jeans. She had woken up later than she wanted to and was ten minutes later than usual.

I chuckle at her desperate state and cross my arms over my chest as I lean back against the counter. "Kenz, you've looked everywhere but one place."

She glares at me, her eyes forming small slits. "Well I'm positive I saw it around here last night."

I tug on the drawstrings of my hoodie and flip the hood over my head. "I wonder where it is," I say with a cough.

She walks over to me and lifts it halfway up my stomach, causing my insides to turn. "Stupid idiot, I told you I wanted to wear it to work today," she grumbles, her five-foot-two figure looking incredibly tempting and sexy. "Off," she demands.

"Okay okay." I laugh and pull the sweatshirt over my head, groaning as I stretch my limbs. With a lazy smile on my lips, I hand her the hoodie and she gives me a grin in return.

"Thanks babe," she says with a tiny wink. God this little flirt.

"Do I get a kiss?" I close my eyes and lean down to her level.

I hear her let out a small giggle before ruffling up my hair and walking away. "Ready to go? I should've left like—"

"So it's a no on the kiss then?" I ask, opening my eyes and raising a brow at her.

She leans up and pecks my lips. "Happy?"

"I'll work with it," I shrug.

Pulling her to my chest when she doesn't expect it, I capture her lips onto mine to show her what a real kiss is supposed to be like. She instantly moans against my mouth and tries to push herself away, only making me wrap my arms around her tighter.

"Zach," she gasps, her body still flush against my own. "We really gotta go—I'm gonna be late."

"But—" I sigh.

"Just come visit me at work today," she offers, running a hand through her hair as she collects herself and walks towards the door.

I follow her down the hallway of the apartment complex after she locks the front door, and I can't help the dumb grin stretched out across my face while I watch her walk in front of me, her hips moving innocently from left to right. Just the plain image of her in my hoodie has me feeling things I never thought I'd let myself feel. An emotion I thought I closed off forever.

My mind suddenly drifts off to last night; the way she held me, touched me, trusted me; the way she let me in, in ways she hadn't ever let anyone in before. I knew I was deeply entrenched in her spell, and I couldn't help the twist in my stomach when I realized she was affected by me in the same way.

Because I saw it in her eyes, and eyes never lie. Mackenzie Lemay was an easy book to read, yet so deep, so enthralling, and above all else—she had me hooked in so many ways. I was completely absorbed in her, only her.

Simp.

That's all I could repeat in my mind.

So what, we're all simps in one way or another.

Mackenzie drops me off at my house on her way to work, and I walk into my house—a place I feel like I haven't been at for ages. When I told Corey I wasn't moving in with Mackenzie, I really meant it because that's a big step in a relationship; but it sort of kinda feels like we're living together despite what I thought.