| 9 |

Caleigh's POV

3:29 a.m.

Huffing I sit up in my bed. I can not sleep tonight. My mate is right down the hall, and all my wolf wants to do is go lay with him.

⚠️( Italics means Jasmine: Caleigh's Wolf is speaking in her head. Bold Italics is Caleigh speaking back.)⚠️

Can we please go see mate?

No Jasmine. We just met him today. Do you have any idea what that would look like?

That does not matter Cal. Please!

I said no. This is the end of this discussion. I will not look like some needy mate on the first day - no matter how much I may want to.

Getting up out of my bed, I decide to go to training early this morning. I walk into my walk in closet and grab my all black attire. All wolves in our pack have "uniforms" for training. Each level has a different color so it is easier to differentiate between ranks.

Higher ranking members wear black. This means my family, the Beta family, and the Gamma family all have black uniforms. The 'B' class have dark purple uniforms, and the 'C' class owns a medium blue shade. If your ranking is lower than any of these you wear forest green uniforms.

Slipping the black sports bra, tank top, and leggings on, I go to my vanity and pull my hair into a tight bun. This prevents wolves from pulling on my hair in fights. I grab my black tennis shoes and a pair of socks on my way out of my bedroom door.

I can smell the kitchen staff working on breakfast, so I walk down the hall and open the big double doors. "Alex, could you go ask your mother if she has anything ready that I could grab to go?" I get a nod in response and watch the young girl head back into the kitchen. A few seconds later she brings me a foam plate full of bacon, eggs, and toast. "Thank you, Alex. Tell Naomi I said thank you!"

With that I leave the kitchen and head straight to the training grounds. As I'm walking, I can hear the sound of crickets. I love walking at night. The night air and sounds help me think clearly.

I get to the training grounds and see that I am the only person here. Duh Caleigh. It's four o'clock in the morning. I scarf down my breakfast and quickly decide to head into the gym instead of staying on the sparring grounds. There's no one to spar with anyways.

I make my way over to the punching bag and quickly go to work. Over and over again I hit the center of the bag, quickly creating a hole in the center. Moving on from there, I grab my phone and start playing music through the speakers. I also send a text message to Bells telling her to meet me in the gym as soon as she wakes up.

I walk out to the center of the mats and wait on the beat to drop. Once it does I quickly start working on a new cheer routine for Regionals in four months.

Now I know what you are thinking, but it takes a lot of time and hard work to perfect a winning Regionals routine. I hadn't realized how much time had went by since I had been in the gym, but a few minutes later, Claire walks in the gym.

"Good morning girly" Claire says as she's walking towards me. "Good morning" I exclaim. "You ready to start working on this regional routine?" I ask. She shakes her head yes and we get to work. After about an hour, we walk outside to meet everyone for pack training.

When we open the doors to the gym, I am immediately hit with the scent of pine and rain. My eyes start darting around trying to find him. Once our eyes meet I walk towards him. "Good morning, mate" he exclaims, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Good morning, Matthew" I smile up at him.