| 6 |

Matthew's POV

I eventually went back to sleep last night. The thought of my mate was keeping me awake.

Is she here? Why would I suddenly have a dream about her if she isn't here?

I shake the thoughts, and start getting ready for the meeting. I take a quick shower, and then grab all of my paperwork from last night. I put them inside the folders, and then pack them inside a briefcase.

I sling the bag across my shoulder, and head downstairs to get breakfast. The smell of pancakes, bacon, and eggs immediately fill my nose. I quickly grab a plate, stack it with bacon and pancakes, and then head to one of the many tables inside the huge kitchen.

I take a seat alone and run through the points of the meeting in my head. I try to memorize everything, so that I don't have to constantly look down at my paperwork. I only have it for the statistics that I might need.

I get up from the table and put my plate on the cart for the maids. Suddenly I get the whiff of a light scent. It smells like coconut and mint. You would think the two together would be a bad smell, but it actually smells really good. It's very faint, so I pass it off as being someone perfume, and head to the King's office.

As I'm walking towards the office, Eric, my beta, walks up to me. He will be in the meeting with me.

I get to the big, oak doors and knock. I hear a 'come in,' so I open the door, and slowly close it back. The King is sitting in his office chair, but upon seeing me, gets up, and heads over to the large table in the room. He takes a seat at the head of the table while Eric and I take the other side.

"What is this meeting pertaining?"
The King asks me. His mood has drastically changed since last night. He is all business right now. "I'm here to discuss the shortages of schools throughout the Kingdom, my King." He nods his head, and his Gamma begins writing everything I say down on a computer.

"There aren't enough schools in our Kingdom. A rough estimation proves that there are only one or two schools in every three counties. That means that each school has roughly 3,265 students crammed into one or two buildings. And even that that is based on how many people are in a town. My pack members are beginning to homeschool their pups because of concerns." I announce to the King. He seems impressed by the statistics I'm bringing to the meeting. It's like he thought I would come in here unprepared.

"What are they concerned of, Alpha Matthew?" The King asks. "Well many different reasons have been brought up to me, Your  Majesty. For one, the ages are randomly mixed together in buildings. While the classes are different by grade levels, after or between classes, second graders are bumping into seniors. There have already been," I trail off, looking down at my papers below me, "thirteen fights between pups in the grades first through fifth in a fight with a senior, because of the upperclassmen's hormones." I point out to him. "Also, pups are beginning to not come to pack hangouts because they are so crowded during the day, they do not want to be in a crowd after school hours." The King nods his head, and seems to be thinking.

"And how do you suggest we fix these problems, Alpha Matthew?" Now that was a question I was not expecting. I looked up at him, and then looked down at my work, thinking. Once I had my thoughts in order, I looked up at him again.

"I would suggest that schools are built by the size of each county. I think there should be at least one school in every county, but depending on size, there could be up to three. Also," I trail off again, collecting my next thought quickly, "I would have each school be built of three buildings. I would have one school called the Elementary school. This would be where the Kindergarten through fourth grade students would be at, and they would learn the fundamentals. The second building would be where the fifth through eighth grade students would be at, and the last building would be for ninth through twelfth grade students." The King nods his head again, and seems to be thinking again.

I quickly look back down at my notes, scanning the documents. As I'm about to look back up, I catch a strong whiff of coconut and mint. My head snaps to the door, and for some reason, I want to run over and open it, but I don't. I shake my head, and look back at the King. He is looking at his laptop with the Royal Gamma.

"What is your reasoning behind the schools being built into three buildings?" The King asks me. Thankfully, I didn't have to think of an answer this time, and I answered almost immediately.

"The divided buildings would help ensure no over crowding, and it also would allow each grade level to be around people that are closer to their age. It would also cut back on the amount of fights between pups and high schoolers. The learning environment would be much smoother also. The teachers would be organized better, as they wouldn't have to go from teaching a second grade class to a tenth grade class, thus the teachers being able to be more focused on his or her students." The King nods at me and smiles.

"That sounds like an excellent plan, Alpha Matthew. I will make an announcement in two days that there will be at least one more school being built in every county." The King informs me. He then stands up and shakes my hand.

"Now if you'll excuse me, my wife is asking for my presence." The King tells me. I nod my head and as soon as he is out the door, Eric and I fist bump.

"We crushed that!" Eric exclaims, excited. I laugh and say, "yeah, we did."

"Now let's go get ready for this ball." I tell him, picking up my paperwork, and then walking out of the office.

~~
Let me know what you think!

~T