Brat

Touya was in the dumps. Literally and figuratively.

After being on the run for the past few years, Touya had figured out how to survive on his own. He did odd jobs here and there, all that matters was that he made enough to survive. And yeah, maybe sometimes he stole, but he wasn't a bad guy, or at least, he likes to think he isn't. He's not his father.

Touya was now broke as a...broke person. So yeah, in short, he had no money. Touya sighed and leaned back against the wall. He stayed like that for a few minutes until he felt a small hand poke his cheek.

"Hey mister." A small voice whispered. "Are you dead?"

Touya's eyes flew open and he found himself staring into a pair of bright green eyes. The child flinched back.

"What are you doing?" Touya glared at the wide eyed kid.

"I, uh, saw you here and it looked like you were hurt, s-so I came to see i-if you were a-alright." The boy stuttered.

Touya crossed his arms and frowned. "Well I'm fine. You can leave now."

"No you're not." The boy retorted, crossing his arms.

"Oh yeah?" Touya was getting really annoyed now. Couldn't this kid just leave him alone?

"Yeah." The boy sassed. "Your arms look burnt. I can help wrap them. I get burned a lot, so I know how to treat them."

Touya glanced at his arms. He had almost forgotten about that. He had gotten into a fight the other day and was forced to use his quirk. Unfortunately, due to the drawback, his arms were badly burnt.

He glared at the kid. "I'm fine."

"No you're not. Let me help you."

"No you brat!" Touya growled.

"Well...you're a, you're a brat too!" The boy shouted back, face red with anger and frustration. "And...and you should be grateful that someone is willing to help you at all! So be still and let me help you!"

Touya was taken aback for a few moments until he realized that this child was half his size and had no business in telling him what to do.

"Why you little--"

Touya was shocked into silence as he watched the little boy unzip his backpack and take out burn cream and bandages. The kid glared at him and moved closer.

"You will stay still, and you will do what I say. Understand?"

Touya nodded dumbly as he watched the boy begin to gently rub burn cream on his arms. Who knew a child could be so terrifying.

He watched silently as the green haired child carefully wrapped his arms, not too tight, but just tight enough. Proof that he had indeed done this many times before.

The boy finished wrapping his arms and then stepped back to survey his work.

"You should be completely healed within the next few days."

Touya looked up at the grinning kid in confusion. "Why did you help me?"

"Because," the kid began, "I know what it's like to be all alone with no one to help you when you're hurt or sad. It isn't fun."

"I could have killed you, you know." Touya pointed out. "I could be a villain. You should be more careful about who you help. You're what, five? You shouldn't be going up to strangers like this."

"I'm not five!" The kid yelled, hands on his hips, face red with anger. "I'm seven years old!"

"Wow, and that makes such a big difference!" Touya said with obvious sarcasm.

"It does!" The kid glared at him.

"Sure. What's your name kid?"

"I'm not supposed to tell strangers my name." The kid took a step back, still glaring at him.

Touya rolled his eyes. This kid. "And yet, you walk up to sketchy looking strangers and offer them help?"

"Well...uh, yeah." The kid began to curl into himself. It was as if he finally realized what he was doing.

"Touya."

"Huh?" The kid cocked his head to the side. Touya almost smiled at the sight. He almost looked like a lost puppy.

"That's my name."

"Oh." The kid's eyes widened in surprise. "Well...I'm still not gonna tell you mine."

Touya shrugged. "That's fine with me."

"Why would you tell me that?" The kid asked quietly.

"Because you helped me. I figured I should give something in return."

"Oh." The kid glanced around, and then continued to back away slowly. "I should go home now."

"That's probably a good idea."

The kid was just about to make a run for it when Touya spoke up again.

"Hey kid, if you ever find yourself in the need of help, you know where to find me." Touya had no idea why he said this, but he felt like he needed to for some reason.

The kid gave him a suspicious look, but nodded. "Okay." and then dashed off into the darkness.

Touya softly smiled at the fading figure, and then shook his head.

What a strange kid.