A Day in the Life of Izuku Midoriya

Izuku flinched after a crumpled piece of paper hit him in the face. He heard giggling all around him from other students. His face flushed with embarrassment, and he ducked his head to avoid the stares. 

"Enough! Children, get back to your reading. It's quiet time." The teacher scolded. "And Bakugo, please refrain from throwing things at people during class."

"But Nakamura-san, it's just Dek--"

"I said be quiet, Bakugo." 

Izuku smiled a little at Kacchan's rage filled expression. The teacher winked at him, and it filled Izuku's heart with a burst of happiness.

Most of Izuku's teachers were cruel, and didn't care what happened to him as long as he didn't get seriously injured. Nakamura-san was his only teacher who stood up for him. He loved her. She was the kindest. She once told him that he was extremely smart and talented. She would always tell him that he was her favorite. He hoped she stayed forever. 

>*<

Izuku slowly made his way to the playground. It was lunchtime, but his parents never sent him to school with lunch or money to get lunch. He had asked them to sign the form to get free lunch, but they refused saying that he'd manage. He just thought they enjoyed making his life miserable. 

He sat on one the swings with sad sigh. He swung his feet back and forth thinking over the past week. It had been a very strange week that's for sure. It wasn't everyday you meet a pro hero. He was really nice. So was that winged guy, and the burned man. They all treated him so kindly. He almost wished that he would see them again. But who was he fooling, they probably hoped they never saw him again. They probably already forgot about him. He wasn't worth remembering anyway. As he was drowning in his depressing thoughts he heard a familiar voice. 

"Hello Midoriya. What are you doing out here by yourself? Where's your lunch?"

Izuku raised his head and smiled when he was met with the concerned face of his teacher. 

"Aren't you hungry? A growing boy like you should never skip a meal you know." His teacher looked through her lunch bag and brought out a small container of rice. "I know this isn't much, but it's all I have left."

"Thank you." Izuku said softly, carefully taking the container of rice from her. His eyes watered with unshed tears. She was the best teacher. 

As he ate, he watched his teacher who sat on to a swing next to him. "Is everything okay at home, Midoriya? I'm worried about you?"

Without thinking, Izuku replied, "Well you'd be the only one."

His teacher gave him a sad look. "Is everything okay?"

Izuku grinned at her. "Yeah! My parents just forgot to give me money for lunch this morning, that's all! Thank you for sharing yours."

"Are you sure? I can help you if you need it. I care about you."

Izuku looked away so that she couldn't see the tears in his eyes. He wiped them away and then smiled at her. "I'm sure, Nakamura-san. Just...thanks for being the best teacher." He reached set the empty container down and got out of the swing to give her a hug. She hugged him back, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"And thank you for being a wonderful student."

>*<

After school, Izuku made his way home, kicking rocks along the road. He wished his parents were as kind as Nakamura-san was. 

All was quiet except for the birds chirping and the wind blowing through the trees when he heard an explosion nearby. He immediately began to run. 

"Deku!" Kacchan's angry voice shouted. "Get back here!"

Izuku ran faster, fear clawing it's way into his chest. He ran in different directions attempting to get Kacchan off his trail. He was looking behind himself, not paying attention to where he was going when he ran into someone. He gasped and fell backwards. 

"Woah there, kid."

Izuku looked up in shock at the familiar voice. His face immediately paled. It was the winged man that he had met a few nights back. 

"Oh! I know you! You're that kid!" The winged man offered his hand to help Izuku stand up.

"Y-yeah...that's me." Izuku looked away, attempting to avoid his gaze.

"How have you been? I'm sorry if I pushed any boundaries last time. I didn't mean to scare you off." The man said kindly, smiling at him.

"No...it wasn't that I was s-scared. I just had to get home." Izuku mumbled.

"Still, I shouldn't have pried like that." The man scratched the back of his neck. "You hungry, kid?"

Izuku tipped his head to the side in as if questioning him.

"There's a cafe down the street. And you look like you could use some fattening. You're as skinny as a stick."

Izuku crossed his arms and stared at the man quizzically. "I shouldn't follow strangers to places. It's not safe. That's what my mom told me."

"Right you are, kid!" The man laughed and offered his hand as if in greeting. "The name's Takami Keigo, but just call me Keigo! And there's no need to be afraid. I'm a pro hero, although you've probably never heard of me because I only made my debut last month. My hero name is, Hawks. Now, what might your name be?"

Izuku felt the tension leave his shoulders at the man's, Keigo's, explaination. "My name is Izuku."

"Hmm...no surname?" Keigo questioned.

"No." Izuku shook his head. "Just Izuku."

"Okay, Just Izuku." Keigo laughed. "Do you want to get a bite to eat with me?"

Izuku hesitated for a moment, but then realized that despite the rice his teacher gave him, he was still very hungry, and he knew his parents wouldn't give him dinner once he got home. Besides, what was the harm? Keigo seemed nice. 

Izuku nodded, with a smile. "Sure, I'd love to."