An Offer

"Before I continue, I want you to give me the assurance that you will not act upon this piece of news."

I looked at him, baffled. What in the name of Aiofeius was he talking about?

"Alright, Emperor. Please tell me."

He sighed, and laboriously began. "It surprises me that one as intuitive as you did not already realise that someone had to have told your mother and me about the fact that you had killed those Machites."

I suddenly realised what he was saying, and gasped. The only person who knew about it- But no- Why would he do that?!

Emperor Anax read my face and said, "Yes... the informant was Evgenomorfus."

"Why? Why would he do that?"

The Emperor raised a placating hand, and said, "Given the circumstances, your friend took the wisest course of action possible."

"Wisest? I'll show that Grett wisdom."

Before the Emperor could stop me, I barged out of the room.

____________________________________________________________________

When I returned to the Xenotarion, Morfus and Xotik were playing a game of Jasp. Since Jasp didn't exist back in your time, let me explain what it is. Two players are the controllers of fifty planets each, and they must figure out the optimal offence and defence to defeat the other. The player who conquers 49 of his opponent's planets becomes the winner. I walked slowly towards Morfus, who had seen me by now and had a smile on his face. He got up, and said, "Welcome back, Mels-"

There was a satisfying crunch as my fist connected with his jaw. He flew back into the wall. I walked towards him and lifted him by his collar. His legs flailed in the air, and I punched him once, twice and thrice in the abdomen. Finally, I smashed his head against the wall and knocked him out. I smiled at the sight of his limp body at my feet, and turned to Xotik.

"Let that be a warning to you, my friend. Never rat on me, or I'll turn you into something like this."

Xotik got up angrily, and squeaked angrily, "What the-"

"He got me abducted by my mother and chained up! He betrayed me!" I screamed, silencing him. I glared at him, and plonked myself on my bed. 

I then aggressively fell asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________

When I woke up, I again found myself unable to move. I cursed, and muttered out loud, "I am NEVER sleeping again."

I again had to break a wrist to get myself out, and walked towards the door, knocking on it.

"Let me out!" I shouted.

Suddenly, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Magna materialised before me. He looked at me with a searching eye, and he smiled, as if he'd found what he was looking for. He said into a comm, "We've got our man"

I looked at him quizzically, and he turned to me with an apologetic expression.

"I apologise. I am here to inform you, Time Warrior Melsur Pascal, that the government of the Magna Galaxia wishes to appoint you as the Commander of the Armed Forces. With it, you will receive a daily salary of 500,000 units, and along with it, a mansion in the Runners Quad and 50 personal aides. All you need is to take the job. The question is....", he looked at me gravely.

"Will you?"