Chapter 2

Rose POV

"Miss Delilah can we get the updates by this evening? Miss Delilah! Rosaline Delilah!!!!" I snapped back to my present, I felt everyone's gaze at me! I smiled sheepishly! My team leader was shooting fire through her eyes! I really don't know what she has against me!

"Miss Delilah, I would appreciate it if you would  stop daydreaming during important meetings!"

"Sorry Mrs.Cleton, i was thinking about change in UI frameworks, maybe we should change it a bit"
(UI - User Interface, for example the screens and pages we are seeing in websites and applications)

As soon as I said those words, I regretted saying them. I know she is going to give me a hard time because of my opinion on the UI.

“So you miss Know it all can manage this project alone? Is that what you are telling me? Well the recruiter team should have known before hiring a impolite girl like you, what to expect from a middle school dropout” she shouted adjusting her black rim glasses, her personality matches her clothes, dressed in a lavish black business suit, Mrs. Clovia Cleton, wife of Mr. Cleton is a woman of savvy mouth and poisonous tongue,who is in her early 40’s, she hates intelligence because she lacks that, i still wonder how a person like Mr. Cleton married a person like her, people say they both are high school sweethearts, married after having a son in their senior year. Rumour says that she planned it to make Mr.Cleton tied up with her.

Mr. Cleton is such a kind hearted person, i remember my first time meeting him outside the same building im working currently.

5 years back

It was pouring out, I kept the babies under the slide in the park, covered them with the few coats i had and i went around looking for milk and food, i just had $10 in my hand and which is drenched right now, thanks to the rain, i shouldn't have left my home, i should have called the police, what i am going to do with two innocent souls. A middle schooler who is 14 cannot do anything against this cruel world, i should have said yes to his terms, anyhow he gave me 4 years of time to graduate, that monster i would kill him for doing this to us.

My legs started throbbing from running, it almost gave up on me, so i decided to sit on the bench next to the icecream parlour, i looked around the street im currently sitting, it looked so busy, people were moving like ants, hussling through the corners and disappearing in another corner, i dont have much time left, i should buy milk and baby products for them.

As i was trying to get up from the bench, i twisted my ankle and fell on my face, it was burning, nothing big and its not new for me to get hurt, a new mark added on my body, thats it.

“Child, are you okay?”

I looked away as soon as i heard that voice, no one can see me vulnerable, i yeeted my tears and looked up straight in eyes, there a blue warm eyes and a beautiful smile of a man in 30’s greeted me.

“Y--- Yyy Yess Iiiii ammm! Yes I am fine” I don't know why i started stammering a lot. I tried to get up, but pain shot through my right ankle, i fell again !!

“Whoa Slow down, Definitely you are not okay! Let me Help you” he slowly lifted me up and sat down on his knees and inspected my ankle, after so many days i felt a secure touch in my body, i cannot be vulnerable in front of a man, i repeated it again and again in my head for past 3 years.

“Do you feel pain here?” he asked pressing a spot in my ankle, pain shot up from there, i bited my lips hard until i tasted blood. I shook my head no.

You cannot be vulnerable

I Felt a finger in my cheeks, my eyes shot open, i meet his warm blue orbs, he slowly relaxed my lips strained lips and wiped the blood from it, and he told me something which i couldnt hear properly, it was so soft and comforting. He took his phone out and called someone and gave some instructions, a man came running from the building next to icecream parlour, the office has see through window, it has many number of floors, and the nameboard shown C & C entreprises, that person was wearing a dark black suit, he was wearing a hearing aid in his right ear, and he was looking left and right before nodding his head at man next me. And slowly he came where we were sitting and gave a cover to the man next to me. Then he looked at my ankles and kneeled infront of me.

“Boss can i?” he directed that question to the man sitting next to me without taking eyes off my ankles, it started getting swollen and it was turning red. But its really not a very big deal compared to the scars my body has.

“Erik i will take care, here take this, get her some icecream and cookies! ” he ordered that erik guy, that erik is an handsome man, he might be in his early 20’s, his face has a scar near his jaw, it really looks beautiful on him.

Erik nodded and left, the rain stopped too, the man next to me is drenched as much as i am, he opened the package erik gave and started disinfecting wounds in legs and bandaged my ankle carefully, he must have done this many times before. Maybe a doctor, i was looking at him like  a lost puppy.

He grabbed my jaw gently and disinfected the scratches and applied ointments, then he gave me some water.

“Drink Child, you look dehydrated, here take it”

I opened the cap and emptied the bottle in one go. He chuckled seeing me.

“My son might be one or two years older than you! I got pro bandaging  and disinfecting wounds because of his violent nature, afterall he takes after his mom, oh my manner! I am Harry Cleton! What is your name child?”

I kept looking at him, i dint knew whether to answer him or not, i am thousands of miles away from my home, still that monster can reach me anywhere, i looked around, i wanted to run away but something about him made me stay. So i decided to make myself a name.

“Rose, my name is rose” i said confidently hoping that he wont see past me. Erik came with a five scoop ice cream, he looked like an adorable puppy scratching is head sheepishly.

Mr. Cleton raised his eyebrows looking at the icecream in erik’s hand, “Sorry boss i forgot to ask her favourite flavour, here take it baby” i looked at him questioningly at the pet name, “Sorry my bad, girls are baby and guys and bro in my dictionary!” Erik smiled at me.

“Thank you” i took the icecream and started eating, i was halfway through it then i realised, “Babies” i shouted

“Whats wrong chil, what happened” i dint hear anything, i started walking fastly as much as my legs takes to the park, Mr. Cleton was tailing me, at this point i started crying, how can i be this irresponsible, how did i get distracted!

“Hold on, whats wrong child, did we scare you or something, tell me” Mr. Cleton was holding my hands trying to stop me

“Park! My Babies” Words failed to come outta my mouth, i breaked hisn hold on me and ran to the park which is two rights away, my ankle was paining bad, i heard footsteps tailing me, im a pro runner at school, i can outrun anyone.

Finally i reached the park and went near the slides, both of them were crying their lungs out, i went next to them, holded them to my chest and cried.

“I am sorry, mama is here, please dont cry! Mama is here! Im sorry” my throat got lumped, finally they stopped crying.

When i stood up, two pairs of eyes were on me, both shocked and surprised.
“What the actual Fuck” i heard erik cursing.

My gaze went towards Mr. cleton, he was looking at the two bundles in my hand. And he asked “Are they yours?” without taking his eyes off the babies

That question ringed at my ears passing right through my soul.

----------------
Like comment and share guys!