Chapter 2 [ maybe TW]

It had been a week since the Shelby brothers had returned back from war. Isabella knew things would change but she didn't know it would change this much. She couldn't do the things she did once before and where she used to lay at night listening to the rain and wind past her bedroom window, was now replaced by the screams of her eldest brothers. When they returned they made her and the rest of her family to never enter their room when their screaming.

one night, Ada and Aunt pol had gone to stay at Johns to help with his kids and Arthur went to the Garrisons and had a drink so she knew he would not be returning that night, so she was left in the house alone with Tommy. Izzy didn't mind until she was awoken by the deathly screams of her brother. She knew never to go in their when he was screaming so she stayed put in her bed until there was a deathly scream that could probably be heard from the end of the road. It went silent. She thought he had calmed down but was then shocked to hear the ringing bang of a gun being shot. Hastily she jumped from her bed and crouched under her bed to retrieve the knife she hid under her bed after the "thing" happened.

The house was silent. Deadly silent. The damsel in distress, crouched from her spot by the bed and with knife still in hand , she ventured towards Tommy's room. She knew she shouldn't , but what if he was in danger? what if he needed her?

The girl carefully walked towards the door where tommy should be laying, missing all the known creaks of the house and she trembled towards his door. When she reached the door she could hear silent whimpers coming from inside the room. feeling as if her brothers was hurt she swung his bedroom door open to meet a dazed, crazy man standing in the middle of the room starring at the wall. Izzy was shocked that her brother was stood like this as she carefully made my way towards him, careful to not make any sudden movements.

"Tommy?" she asked wearily.

He turned every so slightly, but she could see the tears welling in his blue eyes and the tear stained cheeks outlining his face. Izzy hated to see him like this so she dared to step closer but he caught a glimpse of something. The girl looked to see what her had been so interested in, it was her knife. shit. she forgot to put it away so she quickly threw it onto Tommy's bed, hopefully thinking if she didn't have it he would have calmed down. But was she wrong. Tommy suddenly pounded towards her and grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall. he started screaming words at her but everything had turned to a daze when she hit her head in the wall from the impact. The mad man squeezed his hand that was around her throat causing her to loose any sign of air she had left, screaming crazed words at her. The frightened girl was starting to see stars, as she was sure she was about to loose consciousness, she was soon dropped from the tight embrace and was now slumped on the floor, clawing at her throat for air.

she didn't know this tommy. He was acting like "him". The girl was scared. Frightened for the matter of fact. Her breathing wasn't improving, she could her tommy trying to talk to her and she could see him trying to desperately catch her attention. The girl on the floor, caught eye of the man in front of her, her brother. He had a sorrowful and worried look on his strained face, but all she could see was the "man" that she worries about when she goes to sleep. The man that could come back at any time and place. Her breathing was starting to get more ragged and her throat started to dry up." for fuck sake, not now" she thought.

she was having a panic attack. Tommy tried to comfort her and try to calm her down but that only seemed to make her worse. she inched away from him closer to the wall, hoping to escape the feeling she had longed that would leave her life for ever.

"please, please. not again. please, I cant do it again. not anymore." she sobbed.

It broke Tommy's heart to see his younger sister like this and it hurt him even more knowing that something he done had caused her to spark like this. But of all anything he was confused and worried. What had happened while they were away? What caused her to go like this? Tommy knew there was something wrong cause tommy knew Izzy very well and she knew him very well , that's why they have such a bond. Izzy hasn't cried like this since she was younger and never hasn't done since. It had been drilled into her mind by our father that pain is weakness and that any sign of emotion could never helped you in the long run. After our father left , we tried to tell her for many years that it was okay to cry in front of family. But nothing availed.

" Izzy, Izzy. its okay. its okay." he whispered, trying to comfort her.

" please! p-please don't touch me.." she sobbed.

It broke him that she couldn't trust him to hold her." okay, I wont touch you. can I sit here?" he asked.

She looked up to see where he wanted to sit and then nodded slowly. Tommy carefully slid into the space next to her , against the wall. All possible scenarios ran through his mind as he listened to his sister sob next to him. The man knew someone had done this done to her. Something had to have happened and he was going to really hurt them when he found out who did this.

After a few minutes of her sobbing she silently inched towards tommy. That surprised him. The young lady didn't want to be touched but yet wished for his brotherly touch. She let him adjust to a comfortable spot on the floor before the sobbing girl then curled into his arms while he slowly rubbed her back, cautious to not frighten her anymore. After they sat silently in each others brace, tommy decided he was gonna speak.

" I know something happened. and I know you probably wont tell me but when I find out who did this to you and what they did. I will personally make sure they will never be able to hurt you again. that's a promise, Izzy."

she sat and listened to him, desperately wishing she could tell him everything. But she knew she couldn't, not yet anyway.

"I doubt that TomTom." she whispered quietly.

He used to hate her calling him that but now he didn't mind it. He just sat and listened to the eerie night, slowly turn to morning. The girl with the pants slept peacefully on her brothers chest while his brain worked like a machine. He was determined to find out what had happened and will not stop until he does. Tommy fell asleep with the thoughts knowing that while he and his brothers were away it was not only that him that changed, it was also the fact that his sister had changed from who she once was and that scared him, those thoughts lifted him into an uneasy sleep.