Chapter 3 [TW]

The next morning, Izzy woke up in the same position she drifted away in, the only thing that was missing was the warm body she fell asleep on last night.

'oh shit' she thought as she remembered everything that happened that night. The girl on the floor, grabbed her throbbing throat recalling the scenes that went on, how he grabbed her throat, how he threw her against the wall screaming harsh words at her. She couldn't even imagine that ever being one of her brothers but it was. Maybe she was just being silly, but was she? Tears glazed over her eyes. She had feared something like this, but truly never believed it would. Izzy didn't blame him. Tommy had changed and that was because of the war not because of our mother dying or the fact that father left. It was the horrific sightings he had witnessed during a horrid time like that.

'No, grow up' she mumbled to herself as she steadied herself into a standing position.

Regaining her balance off the floor she sauntered towards tommy's mirror. Isabella Shelby glanced at herself in the mirror, her swollen tear stained cheeks and red patched eyes stared back at her in horror. 'what the hell?' she pondered, mindlessly.

She knew she looked bad, but this bad? she huffed and walked to the bathroom, where she scrubbed her face clean of tears to be left with a red puffy face. After faffing around with her clothes and etc..., she trotted down stairs to be met with her whole family looking at her intently. But the first gaze she caught was Tommy's, his gaze held a look of confusion and worry. Not mentally prepared [ or just couldn't be bothered], to talk about last night.

"Alright, Izzy girl? whats up with your face?" Arthur exclaimed.

" yeah, you been crying? you know ill cut their face off if someone's made my little sister cry!"

John and Arthur was sat at the table with their usual coffee mixed with rum, Ada sat in the corner knitting. 'probably for her baby' she thought. she caught Ada sneaking out one night and followed her , to find her walking down alleyways with none other than, Freddie Thorne. When Ada returned home that night, Isabella confronted the women and promised to keep her secret, but one night she came home cry saying she just found out she was pregnant. Izzy promised the women it would be alright, knowing full well how her brothers would react if they ever found out. Polly sat at the table with her usual scouring look , probably cause I got up late again.

Putting on her usual fake smiled and chirped happily." Morning, everyone!"

" more like fucking afternoon" Polly growled lowly.

" Oh! come on, pol! look, its a beautiful day, the sun is shining and the birds are singing!" she bounced.

" what fucking birds?" Fin chipped in.

In came an sauntering fin, probably from Isaiah's house. Isabella clipped him round the ear for his foul language, which he gave her a look for.

" Oi! what was that for, prick-face!?" Fin yelped.

she clipped him around the ear again." for you foul fucking language, cunt-face!" she replied.

" Do that again! I'l-"

"you'll what? hit me? go on then Dick-head! like to see you fucking try!" Isabella mocked.

" You know what!? I'm gonna fucking hit you in a minute , if you carry on!" he shouted growing incredibly annoyed which made her giggle.

" Alright! Alight, if you both don't fucking stop ill rip both your fucking heads off." Enquired Ada, speaking first.

"dick-head" fin whispered under his breath so only she could hear him. ' oh two can play at that game' she thought mischievously.