Afreen 🌺Part 25🌺

Afreen

Part 25

"Uss din aap hamari baat hi nahi sun rahe the aur Ammi ne hamen kaha tha ki agar phir se hum aise hi sab wapas le aaye toh phir wo hamari ache se class lengi.. aur..aur phir hamen thoda sa gussa bhi aagaya tha.." she bit her tongue she looked a little scarlet in embarrassment. There was a small smile playing on her lips as she recalled the exact moments.

The first time, she realised that she was married and she wouldn't be forced for anything. Her husband had even asked her permission for even kissing her.

The slight flutter that she felt when she was close to him was intensified that day. He had made her feel comfortable. She didn't know how but from that day she was drowning herself in his world bit by bit.

Shayaan looked at the varying emotions and he knew what she was thinking. He could read her like an open book on the occassions like this but there were moments when he couldn't recognise her. Just like how he saw her today.

Un-approachable and out of his reach.

"That day, I got to know that my wife can get angry. Hamen toh laga tha ki aap hamesha chup chup hi rehti hain. But you surprised me that day." His words made her look at him thinking if he thought she would never speak to him.

"Aapko laga tha hum bolte nahi hain?" She asked getting confused.

Did her husband actually thought that she was mute? Dua's expressions were enough for Shayaan to clear his words. His darling did not understand what he was trying to say. The confused expressions on her face were enough for him to clear her doubts before they could change into something more.

"It's like aap hamse nahi bolti thi and now I know why sweetheart. You never trusted me..." Before Shayaan could complete Dua interrupted him.

His words made her eyes went wide. Shayaan had spoken her thoughts very clearly that even she could never speak.

How could she? A male touch of her cousin has always scared her after that incident. Faaris had instilled that kind of fear in her that was difficult to over come on her own.

"Aisa nahi hai.." the urgency in her words made Shayaan caress her cheeks gently. Her cold cheeks were urging him to take her inside but he knew that some things needed to be open now.

A talk that they may never have.

"Aisa hi hai Jaan, You were scared of your cousin." His words made her eyes downcasted. The fear that she always felt by having a male cousin near her cannot be described in words.

This was true. If anything Dua didn't trust it was her Male cousin and her husband was one of them.

How could she have trusted him? If Faaris who was known to her could do such a thing then she didn't even know Shayaan.

"I..I..am.. sorry.." her broken apology made Shayaan to comfort her.

He had seen her many times and each time he had discovered a new aspect of her and their relationship.

"You don't have to be sorry Dua. You didn't trust me as your cousin who was a male, who could touch you inappropriately. Par aapne phir bhi hamara bharosa kiya. I had listened to your talks with Daadijaan. You defended me when no one did. Armeena, who was supposed to be my wife accused me, par aapne toh tab bharosa kiya tha Jaan. Aap chahti toh nahi kar sakti thi. I never gave you any reason to trust me. I was also your cousin. The accusations I was facing was kind of similar to what you have faced. Phir bhi aapne bharosa kiya." Shayaan's tone was very calm yet the turmoil that he faced was very much visible in his words.