Chapter 14 (The Plan Part 2)

Authors note!!! Sorry about the long break guys! It's been a crazy year and I really needed a break.

The smoke from the walls began to make the air hot and thick. (Y/n) put on a black mouth guard that she had previously packed.

To be honest, she didn't expect to ACTUALLY resort to arson. Though, after doing some hard thinking, it was her best option.
Toby most certainly seemed a little crazy at the time of his visit, but he wasn't an idiot. He knows how to get shit done efficiently. He may not have the most discreet methods...but they sure as hell work.

With this fire, it would set the police department back weeks. Not only will evidence be destroyed, but they also have to deal with the public. This could actually work.
(Y/n) was hoping and praying that it would be enough to please her mysterious boss. Now, all she could do is run.

(Y/n)'s lungs burned as she trudged into the cover of the dark forest. She came to a screeching halt, and hid in the brush. Taking a look back at the police station, she was satisfied with what she saw.
The entire police department had already been absorbed by the flames. The heat was so intense, the windows shattered.

Dozens of officers fled to the streets. Some coughing intensely while checking on their fellow colleagues. Even McClain pulled back into the parking lot. She held her hair tightly, as she screamed at someone on a phone call. She was obviously disappointed at what was going on. Some ran for fire extinguishers stashed in their cars, not that it would help. The air was dry, and the building was filled to the brim with flammable insulation. The conditions were perfect.

Without warning, (Y/n) felt a large hand land in her shoulder. In a flash of panic, she spun around and smacked the hand away.
To her surprise, it wasn't any form of law enforcement. It was Toby, and behind him stood his two other partners.

"See guys? I t-told you it would w-work out!" Toby exclaimed excitedly.

He patted (Y/n)'s back and proudly observed the flames, as if he were responsible of them all.
Hoodie and Masky stood back, with their arms crossed. They didn't seem dissatisfied.
(Y/n) nervously twiddled with her hands, awaiting word from the men. Any form of assurance that she wouldn't die there and then.

    Masky stepped forward.

    "Not too bad, human..." Masky said as he stepped forward, crossing his arms.

Does this mean...(Y/n) would be safe?

"So...I did was I was told...Are we good?" (Y/n) asked nervously.

The men looked at each other quietly, then back at the girl. Their silence scared her.

"W-welllll...You still have one teeny tiny loose end, (nickname)~" Toby cued, trying to lighten up the mood.

One more? What more could she possibly do?

"But I cleared everything up! It's literally burning to the ground a few feet from us!" (Y/n) argued.

Hoodie puts his gloved hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder, and spins her in the direction of all of the commotion...
People had already started to gather around the burning building. They scattered the property like scared mice. Some running to gather others, some scrambled to get fire extinguishers from their cars to keep the fire from spreading.

(Y/n) was still confused...What else needed to be done?

"W-we'll give you a h-hint....You still g-gotta kill M-McClain!" Toby laughed.

"Very blunt...Toby.." Masky shook his head sighed.

(Y/n) ran her gloved hands through he messy hair and let out a deep sigh.
"But...I took care of her...I exposed her to the news station...soon the entire town will see her as a corrupt nut job! She doesn't need to die..." (Y/n) pleaded with the men.

Hoodie shook his head in disapproval, and Toby threw his arm around her shoulder and tried to console her.
"L-listen! Killing p-people is easy! All you g-gotta d-do is-" Toby was interrupted by a very upset (Y/n).

"It's not that! I just....I don't know if I can..." (Y/n) sadly sunk to the ground, doubting herself.

    To the others, killing was a casual task for them. To (Y/n), it was obviously a huge step. She new she was fighting for her life...Hell she JUST set the police department on fire, and framed two detectives. But that's much different than taking a life...She hadn't thought about the possibility up until now. Perhaps she was to busy dealing with the panicking and paranoia.

"I-...what happens if I don't kill her?" (Y/n) asked meekly.

Toby chuckled and looked at his two partners. He was about to say something, but Hoodie interrupted him.
He pushed by him, and grabbed (Y/n) by the collar, lifting her off the ground.

"Then you will have failed to fix your mistake, and you will have proven yourself to be useless to us and our boss." Hoodie stated seriously.

There was no doubt in (Y/n)'s mind that he was serious. There was no way in hell she would let all of her hard work be for nothing. HELL she JUST faked her death and committed arson!!(#goals).

"I understand....But there has to be another way...Please tell me there is another way!" (Y/n) pleaded with the men while looking down at her hands.

They were stilled covered in ash and she reeked of smoke. Though, when she looked up...The men were gone...

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!" A stern voice called out to her.

Startled, all (Y/n) could do is stand there is shock, slowly lifting up her arms. This couldn't be happening. FIVE MINUTES! SHE COULDN'T LAST FIVE MINUTES WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT!!! (Y/n) was starting to doubt her abilities to become a proper criminal.

"NOW TURN AROUND!" The authorities voice called out again.

(Y/n) slowly turned around, keeping her eyes to the ground. She was trying to put together a last minute plan to save her ass....again. It's obvious that the three men had no interest in helping her. Though, she could still sense that they were near by. She could feel their eyes silently judging her every move.

Unbeknownst to her, as all three proxies watched from a safe distance, they secretly hoped she would make it out of this situation.

Slowly, (Y/n) looked up to find out the identity of her newest obstacle. Tight jeans, a wrinkled pink button up....Dread took over (Y/n) as she realized that her new obstacle was an obstacle she had already been dealing with... In front of her stood a gun wielding McClain.

"I came as soon as I saw someone had been tampering with my emails...DAMN IT (Y/N) WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO THIS FAR!!" McClain screamed as she waved around her handgun.

(Y/n) was close to pissing her pants, but the rage took over when she processed the bullshit she just heard...

"TO FAR!!! YOU WERE TRYING TO FRAME ME FOR MURDER YOU BITCH!!!" (Y/n) screamed and launched at McClain without hesitation.

(Y/n) was done with being treated like an animal...She was done with dealing with other ANIMALS! (Y/n) was prepared to end it all, even if it meant risking her own life....Even if it meant to had to take a life...