Chapter 15 (Kill or be killed)

(Y/n)'s mind faded into a blurry rage as she gave in to her rage. Maybe it was the horrors she endured the past few day, or maybe it was the horrors that waited in her future if she failed...
A sharp loud pop echoed through the woods as McClains gun went off, barely grazing (Y/n)'s head.

Before she could fire again, she was met with,(Y/n)'s fists slamming down on her face. Blood drips onto McClains face as (Y/n) clawed away at her face. The women screamed in pain, and managed to kick the enraged girl away with the sharp heel of her shoes.  A loud grunt escaped (Y/n)'s mouth as she fell back.

   McClain took this opportunity to jump to her feet and raise her gun once more to (Y/n)'s head.

   "I'm done with you...BRAT" McClain spat out as her bloody hand pulled the trigger of her gun.

.

.

.

Silence once again flooded the forest around them. The only that could be heard was the two women panting, exhausted from their fight.

   "W-what...?" McClain gasped out loud as she observed her weapon.

   It failed to go off? Was it jammed? No that's impossible..Upon further inspection, she realized what really happened. She looked down at (Y/n) with both rage, and worry. How had she done it so quickly? AND without her noticing???

  (Y/n), still lying on the floor holding her stomach, began to chuckle. With one movement of her hand, she revealed that during their dispute, (Y/n) had removed the amo clip from McClains gun.

   "You little-" Before McClain could finish, she was met with a heavy amo clip to the face.

  "SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!!!" (Y/n) screamed as she jumped to her feet, and charged McClain once more.

   "I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY LIFE!! I WAS SO SCARED AND CONFUSED AND YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME!!!" (Y/n) screamed as tears began to flood her eyes.

    Her vision became blurry as she wailed on the helpless McClain. Not wanted it to draw any attention from the growing crowd at the burning police station, (Y/n) began to drag the bloodied up detective further into the woods.

Her angry screams turned into desperate begging...

"PLEASE LET ME GO!!! I'LL C-CLEAR YOU NAME!! I-I'LL FRAME SOMEONE ELSE!!" McClain screamed as she clawed at (Y/n)'s hands.

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE ACTUALLY DONE YOUR FUCKING JOB RIGHT, AND NEITHER OF IS WOULD BE IN THIS SITUATION YOU IDIOT!!" (Y/n) snapped back at her.

    Their surroundings grew darker, and the sound of the sirens grew quieter as they made it further into the woods. Soon the smell of smoke faded away, and it was replaced by the damp smells of the forest.

    McClain grew too tired to scream, she would only throw weak punches at (Y/n)'s legs. Eventually, she grew silent.
     (Y/n) also grew quiet. She was also tired. Her hair stuck to beads of sweat on her face, and she smelled like thick smoke and ash...Her hands were layered with dirt, and dried blood collected underneath her fingernails. (Y/n) has most definitely had better days...and today was not one of them.

    Eventually she found herself at where it all began.

The graveyard....

    She didn't know how she got there, or even how she knew the way. Caught in a tired zombie like state, she just followed the wind. At some point, she could have sworn she caught the long slender branches of the trees leading her.

   Whispers carried by the wind and the trees told her to keep moving...She did, mostly because the static grew quieter when she followed their directions.

She harshly threw detective McClain to the ground, and walked over to the pile of tools left from the masked mens previous visit.

"You think you're so innocent" McClains voice called out to her.

Her voice was no longer filled with panic, or fear...(Y/n) turned to face her, and met with her dull eyes.

She was stilled sprawled out on the forest floor motionless. Only her eyes and mouth would move.

"It's not like you're a saint either..." (Y/n) rolled her eyes as she drove the shovel into the ground.

.
.
.
"Do you truly think you are worthy?..."

(Y/n) shot her head up and angry glared at the motionless body on the ground.

"I went through too much to not be worthy...Like hell I'm going to let some stuck up lazy detective get in my way!" (Y/n) shot back.

When (Y/n) looked back at McClain, she was met with nothing but a lifeless husk. Her eyes had rolled into the back of her head, and her skin was already beginning to turn blue.

Static filled the air and (Y/n) clutched her shovel tightly in her hands and spun around to take in her surroundings.

If McClain was dead...then who was speaking to her?

Was this the big boss man she has been hearing all about? She could only assume so. Who else would be producing all of that annoying static...

"Do you think I'm not worthy? I mean! I just burned down the police department, and killed their lead detective to save my own ass. If that's not enough, maybe next time I'LL DO A FUCKING FLIP TOO!!" (Y/n) said as she turned back to the hole she was digging.
.
.
.
.
"You've got quite the attitude...little one..." The dark voice grew closer, and the static seemed to be right behind (Y/n).

"Yah well...I just haven't been having a good day..."(Y/n) sighed, as she turned to face whatever monster waited for her.

Once again, the beast let out a dark chuckle, and stepped out of the darkness.

There stood a ten foot tall faceless man, fitted with a suit and tie. Tendrils shot in every direction, wrapping themselves around the trees around them. His arms were crossed behind his back, and his walk was filled with confidence.
He radiated absolute power and dominance

"I hardly count your actions today an accomplishment...I will admit, you are clever, but you are weak..You're almost useless to me..." His words rolled off his tongue like venom.

(Y/n) threw her shovel to the ground, and took a step towards the tall faceless demon.

"Well if I'm so useless, then maybe you should have had your dogs kill me when they had the chance..." (Y/n) spat back.

Slender tilted his head, and looked down at the women with both anger and fascination.

"You speak to me as though I couldn't rip you into a million pieces, human..Do  you not fear death?" Slender spoke.

"I'm tired of being afraid...To be honest, the only thing I'm thinking about right now it's taking a nice hot shower and a nap." (Y/n) admitted.

If (Y/n) was about to die, she would prefer to die with a little bit of dignity.

The faceless man stood before her, silent. Looking directly at the girl, it seemed as though he was debating something.

"Well then..." He finally spoke up. "I look forward to you further proving to be useful to me..." He finished.

And with that, the faceless man vanished.

Slowly, (Y/n)'s vision faded to black, and she was met with the sleep she yearned for.