Chapter 2 (Into the deep dark woods)

(First person pov)
    Panicked thoughts clouded my mind as I struggled to come up with a solution to this impossible problem. It seemed almost unreal. I clasp my trembling hands over my mouth as I hold back a deep gag. Images of the bloodied beaten man flash through my mind like a broken record.

    The way his own skull sunk into his head. Blood seeped out of every crack..His own brain matter draining from both broken disfigured nasal cavities. Each one of his old yellow teeth, if not swallowed during the initial impact of the metal pipe, pointed in several directions. Both of his red bloodshot eyes erupted out of his skull....A mix of blood and tears dance together down the remnants of what used to be what an innocent man.

  Choked sobs erupt from my throat as I struggle to keep my eyes open. This nightmare couldn't be real. It has to be a dream.

   I pinch myself just to be sure. Desperately, I claw at my own skin until small specks of blood coat the tips of my nails. The pain was so very real.

Before I could process what was going on around me, I was met with a blunt force so terribly strong against my head.

BONK (hah lol)

   I was sent straight back. My neck arched in an unnatural direction, and I was met with hot blood seeping through the fresh wounds.

  Though I couldn't do much thinking at the time, I found myself looking once more at the corpse of the man. One of his eyes met directly with mine as I fell to the ground.

  "H-help me" I desperately call out.

"W-wow! Still kicking little l-lady?! HAHA!" The boy with the hatchet walked towards me and leaned down and tilted his head, amused.

   The hooded man shook his head, clearly void of any patients. He pinched the bridge of his nose and angrily barked a demand to the other masked man.

"Finish it, Tim" He growled.

    The other masked man referred to as Tim only nodded and turned towards me once more. He was the one that dealt that lethal blow.

This time, my skull had a pleasant meeting with the heel of his boot. After that, I was met with darkness.

    I came to with a terrible headache. Bits of clotted blood tickle the tip of my nose as I sway back and forth...

   Where am I? I had so many questions.

I lifted my head up slightly, only to be met with my neck cracking. I cried out in pain as I desperately tried to take in my surrounding.

  A tree....another tree...dead leaves....oh look! ANOTHER DAMN TREE!!

  At least I have enough undamaged brain cells to determine that I was indeed, in a forest. Job well done (y/n). At least you won't die a brain dead vegetable.

  After what seems like hours of dangling like a rag doll, thrown carelessly over a strangers shoulders, we finally came to a halt. Once again, I was thrown carelessly onto the cold forest floor. To tired to call out in pain, I only lay there motionless.

  Catching discreet glances at the men, I came to a conclusion that they haven't noticed I am awake. Or even alive for that matter.

   They had their attention focused on something else.

  "M-masskkyyyy! Why did I have to c-carry the FAT ONE!"  Toby sighed, throwing down the corpse of the large man, clearly annoyed.

   Ignoring him, Masky turned to his partner.