Pt 1. A visitor in the dark

Y/N: Your Name

1.

I sighed deeply, pressing my fingers to my temples. Those damn streetlights had been giving me headaches like hell lately. I looked up, trying to resist the urge to stare right at the bulbs. I shook myself. What was wrong with me lately? So many intrusive thoughts... And I hadn't been sleeping right either...

"Ugh Y/N stop being so paranoid! Theres nothing wrong with you apart from the fact you cant finish this book.."

I said, gazing at the typewriter in front of me. Writing a fantasy novella had been harder than expected, and had taken up half a year of my life. I stretched, and then suddenly stopped. What was that?

I jumped up, grabbing a lamp on my way to the door. I mean, who just calls round to someones house at 3 in the morning? It isn't like I'm social... God knows it isn't a date. I laughed to myself.

Slowly I looked through the peephole. Huh? Some guy was standing at my door. He was tall, with messy brown hair, brown eyes and was dressed in... A suit? And a Trench coat...?

"Um..who is it?"

I said. I sounded pathetic.

" Oh! Um I'm The Doctor! "

The man replied. He sounded friendly enough. Even a bit nervous himself!

" Doctor Who? "

I replied. I didn't recall visiting my doctor recently. Oh god not another missed appointment!

"Ha.. I get that question a lot.. Just The Doctor."

Ok now this was a little weird. I decided to stop being a wuss and open the door.

Wow.

He was way more attractive on this side of the door.

"Oh! Hi! So as I was saying I'm The Doctor, and you're in mortal peril."