Pt. 4 THE WORLD IS BURNING

4.

I opened my mouth to speak, but was cut off my a hissing sound. I looked up and saw a ball of orange flames in a perfect circle on top of the nearest lamp post.

The sizzling sound grew louder and I looked around to see the next lamppost had one, and the next.. And the next!

I turned to see The Doctor's face was a mixture of shock and fear.

" Oh thats bad... Thats very bad... "

He said, before whipping out a small metal device and darting off. I stuttered, taken aback.

" What the- Hey what the fuck do you think you're doing!? "

I raced after him, dodging the crowds of people gathered in the streets. Every shop, every house, every lamp post had an orb above it. The sizzling was almost making my ears burst!

I almost slammed right into The Doctor's back, as he stopped suddenly. He had ran straight into some kind of underground tunnel thing. Only, instead of trains or mould or something, this was filled with people. All staring at computers, and typing furiously.

" Oh. My. Shit-"

I looked at The Doctor, my mouth wide open. His face looked pretty much the same.

" W-what are they doing? "

I asked, staring at The Doctors (admirably attractive) face.

" they're tethering the alien to the earths Wi-Fi and its power sources. They're letting it feed on everything! "

The Doctor clenched his jaw and I could see fire in his eyes.

" Why?! Won't that do something bad or-"

I was cut off by the doctor grabbing me by the shoulder, and looking me straight in the eyes. I stared into his brown ones and tried not to blush too hard.

" Y/N, this is very dangerous. The amount of power thats being sent through the air might create an explosion that will destroy everyone. Its not safe, and I don't blame you if you want to leave. "

I looked at him. This was all real. My mind was bending trying to fit everything in. Should I stay with the doctor... I could save everyone.. Or would I do the sane, intelligent thing and leave.

I decided in that moment, that I am not Sane, nor am I intelligent. So I replied to the doctor with a smirk and said.

" Whats fun about safe? How can we stop this? "

He looked taken aback but then grinned and began to dash about, flicking switches on the computers.

" Wait, why don't we just ask them to stop!? "

I noticed the pale colour of the peoples skin, and how their eyes glazed over. Dead. Ho-Lee-shit.

" They're -They're dead.. "

I stumbled backwards into the doctor. I thought I heard him say something like "you can leave if you want" but I wasn't sure. The sizzling sound was giving me a migraine. I gave myself a shake and jumped up.

" What. Can. I. Do? "

He looked at me curiously. I suppose my sudden change of attitude took him by shock. (It sure as hell took me by it)

" Hold those two buttons down! Don't let go! "

I nodded my head and held the large blue buttons down. The Doctor began to flip buttons beside me, and I began to hear the sizzling sound die down. He looked at me with panic in his eyes and grabbed me by the arm.

I didn't have time to take a breath before he was rushing me back to the busy streets of my hometown. I ignored the blazing fires, and tried desperately to stay conscious.

I failed.