l. jeno - pinky promise

category: fluff
pairing: lee jeno x reader
word count: 7k (?!;!)
plot: due to your school's production of 'beauty and the beast' you wind up having to spend a lot of time with your estranged best friend jeno.

category: fluffpairing: lee jeno x readerword count: 7k (?!;!)plot: due to your school's production of 'beauty and the beast' you wind up having to spend a lot of time with your estranged best friend jeno

i. pinky promise

"HEY Jeno." You called for his attention, hanging upside down from your bed. You were both thirteen at the time.

The boy only hummed, diverting his attention from the drawing he had been concentrated on to look at you, face painted with intrigue.

"What do you think High School is gonna be like?" You were sitting up now, your voice completely serious as you turned to face Jeno.

"Well... haven't you seen all the movies. It's like the most fun you'll ever have. You make memories, new friends, maybe even get a boyfriend or a girlfriend also, you sing and dance on tables."

Jeno wasn't too sure about the last bit, but he added it in anyway for good measure.

You scrunched your nose up at the 'get a boyfriend or a girlfriend' part.

"I'm an independent person. I don't need any new friends or a partner, I like everything just the way it is. Besides I've got you. You're all I need." You said defiantly.

Jeno's ears went the colour of the strawberries your mom had brought up earlier for the two of you to snack on and his shy laughter filled the room.

"You think that now Y/n, but high school is going to be so fun. You'll probably forget about me once you step foot into there."

You gasped offended that he would ever assume such a thing. "I would never." You plopped onto the floor and shuffled over to your best friend.

"Where's your pinky? Gimme your pinky." You beckoned him closer and he lifted up his hand.

"Okay, so repeat after me." You cleared your throat before wrapping your pinky around his. "I, Y/n Y/l/n."

You looked at him expectantly.
"I, Y/n Y/l/n." He repeated.

You rolled your eyes playfully and slapped at his knee lightly.

"Say your name instead, duh."
Jeno giggled his shoulders raising slightly as he do so then he waved his free hand dismissively.

"Sorry, sorry. I, Lee Jeno."

You smiled. "Pinky promise to never, ever under any circumstances—,"
Jeno repeated after you again.