4

To remove a mask, you must be ready for what may lie underneath

The following day, we sat at the table.

 We were looking over all the other clones. We sat there for thirty minutes before anyone said anything.

"What are we looking for," George asked. That's a good question. The killer probably copied the same thing on him to make him look like a victim in all of this. What he could have done was kill the guy that had his photos.

"I don't know. We have to narrow it down. We can take away five names off the bat," Dean answered, which was everyone in this room. That's gives us fifth-teen others to look over.

"So, how do we go about finding a killer," Dean asked. Everyone looked at me. 

"We draw him out," I answered. "If we draw him out, we have the chance to catch him off guard with all of us instead of just one."

"What if he has a partner," Kyle asked. i hadn't thought about a partner. If he had a partner, then he would have a greater chance of succeeding. We'd have to hope he is working alone. Our phones buzzed, and i picked up my phone. It was another kill. This time it was two clones. Dean's phone also buzzed, which means he is entirely in this. I felt guilty for dragging him into this. It's fucked up, but i would have Charles instead.

"That's Lorenzo and Michel," George said, looking at his phone." That leaves six-teen left if he is working alone."  So, my hypothesis was correct. The killer was trying to group us to kill us faster.

"The other must be scared shitless, i hope they are going into hiding," Kyle added. Going to the police wouldn't help. It would only worsen when they find out there are clones and that a clone is trying to kill us all.  The killer would change the way he doe things. If we are all the same person, we have the same mindset.

"We may be different in personality, but our mindset is still the same; we just have to figure out how he is doing this," I stated aloud. "What state was the first kill in, and where was the second killing,"

"The first one was in Oregon, and the second one was in Nevada," James answered, and i pulled up a map. So, he is coming from the east.

"Make a list of everyone from Oregon to where we are," I said. Dean pulled out a piece of paper and looked at all the information we had. It took him a while, but he soon finished and held the list up.

"Okay, this is maybe his checkpoints; Two in Utah, two in Colorado, one in Kansas, one in Missouri,  two in Kentucky, three in Virginia, and then us in North Carolina," Dean said. "Why put us last."

"It hasn't been making sense to me either; why to add dean, Why put us last, Why send dean pictures of him and me instead of just him,"  I thought aloud. "unless this is more personal than we thought."

"Are you sure you're the original" James asked, and i began to question if I'm just a clone? Would that mean we are last because he thinks i took his life, his best friend, and he got sent away like the other clones? It all started to make more sense. 

That means Dean is in love with a clone of the original. I didn't believe it at first because i was with my parents, his parents, i don't even know anymore. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. Dean followed behind me and stopped me from closing the door.

"I don't care if you are a clone; it wasn't your looks that i fell in love with, i fell in love with your passion," He said. I didn't know what to say. I looked him into the eyes and knew he was telling the truth. I then walked up to him and kissed him. He kissed me back with passion. We made out in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Why is it always me walking into yall having a moment" George spoke, interrupting us again.

"Go away" I yelled, throwing tissue at him, and he ran off. Dean and i laughed for a bit before we made our way back to the table." Okay, change of mindset, It's not a clone killing other clones. It's the original killing all the clones, and if I'm right, Dean and I are last since i took his life, and Dean moved on without him"

"So, basically we are fucked, that type of rage makes someone unstoppable, i wouldn't be surprised if he goes and kills his parents," Kyle said. We can't just stop him. 

"We would have to kill him," i stated, and everyone stopped talking. "If he were a clone, it would e easier to just talk him down once we got him, but he was the first, and he had his life taken from him." 

"He's right; the killer isn't going to stop no until he finishes what he started," London added. We all agreed. If it came down to it, he would need to be killed. We would need to exhaust all our options before we decide on that option.

The day went on, and we decided to take time for ourselves. I called my parents and let them know what was going on. They were heartbroken by the thought of sending their real child away. They are now getting prepared to leave and fly out of the country. If we can stop him, then they are going to be safe where ever they are. If not, even moving once a month wouldn't help them.