5

Choose your path wisely.

"Okay, we know where the next kill is going to be, "I said, walking past Kyle. I sat beside Dean, who moved me onto his lap. I held printed maps so w could physically track how fast he was going from kill to kill. We have been making progress with collecting information about the killer.

The reason was that I took his life, and Dean moved on without knowing the difference between him and a clone. What we know is he is the first, which makes him the original. The real Khy is on a killing spree killing all the clones that were created but leaving Dean and me to be the last ones to be killed. So far, he has killed three clones, leaving six-teen left, not counting the killer and his possible accomplice.

"I called the three clones in Virginia, Pasquel, Killian, and Cloud, and they said they would be here soon to help us plan," Dean said. I high-fived him and looked over Kyles' plan to draw him out.

"So, if i let him know that i know about the mix-up, what stops him from just speeding up his pan instead of just heading here? We need him to want to come here next," Kyle sighed, practically giving up on creating a plan. "If we only knew if he had an accomplice  and what name he is going by, we could have all the other clones come here, and we would be able to stop him together."

"Well, our numbers are rising, and the more help we get, the better our chances," London said with motivation. We were just a group of six, and now we are a group of nine. It's harder to kill nine people in the same place. Our phone buzzed; we expected a photo of the two clones in Utah, but it was a news article about a car crash.  They believed the Triplets were killed driving towards north Carolina. We then got a text, 'i'm everywhere.'

"So, he has an accomplice who is dangerously close to us," George said, and we all ran to get our things. If he is willing to kill us publicly, we need to be careful about sharing our information and finding somewhere he and his accomplice can not track us. 

"Where should we go," I asked Dean. 

"Remember, my family, got a beach house when i was like seven-teen," Dean said. The killer wouldn't possibly know about that beach house unless he was also tracking Deans' parents. I nodded, and we knew what to do. We are now down to thirteen clones left. 

James collected all the information we had on the killer. We wrote the address down instead of texting it to each other. He could be now watching what we communicate to the other clones and each other. We were packed up and ready to go within minutes. We got into our separate vehicles and drove to the beach house. Along the way, i got a call that The killer or his accomplice had broken into my place. A body was found. It was, unfortunately, Charles's body.

He must have been waiting for me in my home, and the killer got to him. I should have told him to be careful. Everyone we know is at risk of being killed. The killer looks like us, so they won't know to question anything. 

I told London, and i could tell how hurt was from this news. He started saying, 'he was going to kill this motherfucker'. I grabbed Deans' hand and held it tightly. 

"Dean, we need a word, so you know it's me," I said, looking at him from the passenger seat."It can't be anything too obvious."

"Salem, it was the name of the cat from Sabrina, The Teenage Witch; he was your favorite character," Dean said; he looked over to me and smiled. I couldn't believe he remembered how much i loved that show.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," Dean responded. 

 We made it to the beach house first and sat and waited for everyone to get there. The rest of the crew pulled up, and we headed inside. I told everyone to sit down and create a saying, so we know who is who. We can go by what we know anymore. 

"We could say 'Alexander Hamilton' so we'd have something specific," Kyle said, and George and James laughed. 

"He was in 'Hamilton The Musical' when he was in high school and got cast as the understudy and was so upset," George said in a fit of laughter. " He went on stage and yelled, 'I should have been hamilton."

Kyle tried to defend himself. He went on about how the role inspired him and that he was the embodiment of him.

 Time moved on; I took time to got the beach and sat. This was the first time i felt peace in a while. I plopped down onto the sand, just looking up at the sky. The sun was setting, and the clouds were lilac. The wind brought a cool ocean breeze. I needed this.

"May i join you," Dean asked, standing over me. He lay beside me and stared at the sky. It was silent for a while, i turned on my side and saw Dean had fallen asleep. His insomnia has been getting worse. When he received the envelope, he stood up all night. He became paranoid. 

This may be the first time he has fallen asleep past few days. He looks so hot sleeping.