Big Sleepover

We entered the giant auditorium, filled to the brim with noisy people...great. Social anxiety going to the roof.

Then i hear Yang shouting to her sister.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: (to us) Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you guys after the ceremony!

She dashes off.

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Our trio is now a duo.

Rev: That's one homie short.

We both laugh and move to find a spot to stand. I also made sure I'm hidden cause i don't wanna deal with Weiss yelling at me.

My attention is soon drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. (as the students whisper among themselves) You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: (as Ozpin leaves, she steps up to talk) You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Rev: The fuck kind of speech was that?

Silence from Jaune.

Rev: Uhh, Jaune?

Jaune: (approaching Weiss from the side) I'm a natural blond, you know!

Weiss looked at him with confusion as i facepalm.

Rev: Damnit. I thought it wouldn't happen...

Later, in the locker room: I stripped down my armor and put them safety in my locker. To be honest, it felt good and terrible at the same time. The weight of the armor lifting off of me is great, but i don't like to be vulnerable. But then again, who's going to attack me? I'm at Beacon Academy lol.

I hop in the showers and completely zoned out when the cold hit my naked body.

I was taken back. Far back. New York City. It's... a giant dumpster, but goddamnit, it's a GREAT giant dumpster!

I was regular piece of shit kid just getting off the train to go home from high school.....sometimes i wish the God of Darkness picked someone else.

But then i remember my new family. My father and my brothers. They made this whole new life worth it. .....Then i feel tears threatening to run, but i snapped back into reality when the hot water finally turned on, but i had my fill of this already.

I turned off the shower head, dried off and got into my sleeping attire before heading to the ballroom.

Immediately, i bumped into Jaune in his cool onesie.