26) overloaded (2)

Check out the discord, a Thanksgiving extra has been posted, only on discord *gasp*, and a Christmas special will also be posted soon.

Aether's POV
-
8:00am

The next day, was a white snowy day, although it was no longer snowing, snow still remained on the ground from the night before, in front of the school gates, after I finished locking my bike up, as I was walking towards the front of the gates, there, I spotted Xiao just standing there.

I start walking towards him, "Xiao! What are you doing standing there? Aren't you cold?"

"I'm not cold, did you bike in this weather, are you cold?" Xiao asks as he also starts walking towards me.

"Only my finger tips." I say, the air so cold you can see my breath as I breathe.

"Let me see them." Xiao says holding out his hands for me to place mine onto his.

"Uh, alright.." I place my hands on top of his. Xiao holds my hands, interlacing his fingers with mine, although the air is cold, I could feel my face getting hotter.

"Your hand is cold.." Xiao says as we walk together into the school.

"Yea, the wind blows on them when I'm biking." I look up at Xiao, "But they're warmer now, thanks to you!" I smile, looking up at Xiao as we walk together.

Xiao tries to hide the fact he's blushing, " I'll hold them whenever they're cold then."

"You really don't have to.." The thought of Xiao holding my hand to keep them warm, makes my heart jump..

"Why not?" Xiao asks.

"I don't want to trouble you, haha.."

"Don't worry, it isn't any trouble to hold your hand." Xiao replies with a blank face.

I blush, "okay.. oh hey did you have breakfast?" I ask.

"No." Xiao replies.

"Why don't we go to the cafeteria and have breakfast together?" I ask looking at Xiao. "Why, are you hungry?" Xiao asks looking forward.

"Not really.." I respond, "I just want to spend some time with you." Xiao turns his looking down at me, "Alright, let's go." Xiao blushes.

"Ack-" I scream unexpectedly as Xiao speeds up his pace, walking faster. 'Pfft, he looks adorable when he's excited.'

Cafeteria

After getting my tray of food, me and Xiao find a table to sit at. I sit down, placing my tray onto the table, Xiao sits on the other side of the table, across me.

(Prosperous Peace, Ganyu's specialty dish)

"Xiao, are you really not hungry?" I ask as I shove a spoonful of rice into my mouth

Xiao shakes his head, smiling. "What are you smiling at?" I ask staring back at Xiao. ".. you're just so cute when you eat." He replies,and I blush as I continue eating.

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice says behind me, I look up seeing Venti.

"Venti? You're finally back!" I say, looking up to Venti. "Yep! Did you guys miss me?" Venti smiles taking a seat beside me.

"Just a bit." I reply, still enjoying my food, "How was your vacation?" I asked.

"It was alright.." Venti says, dramatically, clinging onto my shoulders, "I missed my favorite person though!" Venti whined.

"I'm your favorite person?" I asked. "I'm so flattered!" I reply back.

Xiao stares at Venti, blankly yet coldly, "Don't worry Xiao! I missed you too." Venti teased, Xiao doesn't reply, and keeps staring at Venti.

"Anyways, whatcha eating?" Venti asks jerking his head back to me.

"Oh um, Prosperous Peace, I think that's what's it called, it's my first time having this, it's quite delicious." I respond, taking another spoonful bite.

"Looks yummy! Mind if I take a bite?" Venti asks smiling.

"Sure." I reply back, "Ahh-" Venti says opening his mouth, I look at him confused. 'Does he want me to feed him, this is kind of awkward.. should I?' I thought.

"What are you doing?" Venti asks, "Aren't you going to feed me now?"

"I- uh- sure?" I say looking at Xiao then back to Venti and feeding Venti with the same spoon I ate from, Xiao just stares at Venti.

"It is yummy!" Venti says smiling happily, "Yeah, would you like some more?" I ask.

Venti was about to answer when his phone started ringing, he looks at his phone, "Sorry, I have to take this. Talk to you guys later." Venti says leaving, answering his phone.

After Venti left, me and Xiao starting walking outside in the school yard together.

".." Both of us didn't know what to say so we continued walking in silence, as we walked we saw a crowd gathered towards the front of the school gates.

"I wonder what that's all about." I ask standing beside Xiao staring at the crowd.

"Did you forget? We have a transfer student from Inazuma." Xiao replies, then I remembered, "Holy crap! I totally forgot!" I screamed, freaking out.

"What? What's wrong?" Xiao asks, immediately turning his head towards me.

"I totally forgot.. I signed up to show the foreign exchange student around.. sob" I say with my hands on my head.

"I'm sure you still have time to go meet them." Xiao tells me, I look up at Xiao, ".. Then I'll get going." I say and he nods, "I'll see you later!"