Chapter 4: I Remember You

—————
It was hard for me to fall asleep last night; Y/n was in my mind.

The last time I saw her was eight years ago, a few days after I got released from prison.

I remembered seeing her at the front door of my shabby apartment. She still looks similar to her college years but just a little older.

I didn't notice that I was falling asleep at work until my coworker, Jonghyun, shook me awake. "Dude, why are you falling asleep?" he asked. "This is very unlike you."

I yawned, rubbing my eyes. "Sorry, man, just a lot on my mind."

We worked for a business company. Jonghyun and I were the people who created the charts. It was tiring, but it made good money.

"Wanna talk about it?"

I nodded. "So, do you remember when I told you that I scheduled therapy sessions for Riki?"

"Yes. What about it?"

I took a deep breath. "Well, the therapist is my ex from college." Jonghyun dropped the papers he was holding onto the desk. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious. I didn't even recognize the woman at first until she told me her name."

"Wow. Was the therapist one of the people that you supposedly dr-"

I instantly hushed him. Everyone around turned their attention to me, and I laughed it off, apologizing. Then I turned back to Jonghyun. "Yes, she was, but you can't ask that stuff in public."

Jonghyun was the very few people who knew about my past life in college because we lived in the same dorm. It was hard for me to get a job after I was released from prison; no one wants to hire a rapist who drugs girls. But he pulled some strings and got me hired here. I think his family owns the company; I'm not sure, though.

Out of nowhere, Jonghyun grew a wide grin on his face. "Did you get her number?" he asked. "Are you crazy? Of course, I didn't; she's married." I replied.

"You may never know; wouldn't it be nice to catch up with an old friend?"

"No, Jonghyun, she's in love with someone else." I turned back to my computer. "I had to accept that long ago."

—————
Before you knew it, and it was Tuesday again.

I considered myself a calm person, but I was a little tense today. Maybe it was because I had to face Heesung again, and the fear of him asking if I remember him just made me sweaty.

Before you knew it, I heard the front door open, and I heard Heesung talking to Bina, the old secretary. Soon, I heard her say, "Wait right here, Ms. Sim will see you in a moment."

I grabbed my clipboard and took deep and calming breaths. I'm a therapist, so I needed to be calm.

I opened my water bottle and took a long sip. Then I brushed my clothes and rose from my seat, walking to and opening the door.

"Lee-Nishimura Riki?"

The little five-year-old jumped from his seat and ran towards me. I looked at Heesung and saw that he was staring at me. We made eye contact for a few seconds until I finally closed the door.

Once Riki and I got settled in our seats, I smiled. "So Riki, how are you?" The boy nodded. "I'm good. And you?"

Oh, this boy has great manners; I love it. "I'm doing good as well. So, let's get started, shall we?"

Today, Riki and I talked about his favorite things.  He likes dancing, sports, and watching movies. He also plays piano in his free time. A very well-mannered kid who's also a talented person.

"So, Riki, do you have any siblings?" I asked. The boy nodded. "Yes, I have an older sister, but we don't have the same daddy. Her name is Naeun."

"Did she live with you and your parents?"

"No, she lived with my grandma because my mommy didn't want her anymore."

Whoa.

Riki sighed. "I haven't seen her in months. She used to visit us, but mommy stopped her from doing that. Naeun said she wants to live with me, and I want that too."

A tear rolled from his eye. I handed him a tissue, and he gladly accepted it, wiping his eyes. "You know, Miss Y/n, I wanted to have a little sister. Daddy said yes, but Mommy said no."

What's wrong with this woman? It's like she wanted to abandon her children. And it breaks my heart that Riki hasn't seen his older sister in months. I wish I could find a way to bring them back together.

—————
I saw the door opened, and Y/n came out with Riki, hand in hand. They were smiling at each other.

"I see that you two had a good time," I said when they came to me. Riki nodded and hugged Y/n's leg. "Mmhmm."

I gave him my phone, and he sat on the chair I sat on. I looked back at Y/n. "So, how was he today?"

"He was great," she replied, "he told me about his hobbies and his sister. Again, I'm so sorry what you two have to deal with."

"Oh, it's fine," I said. "Um...Y/n, do you remember me from college? We were dating for a short time."

She nodded. "Of course I remember you Heesung."

We stood there in awkward silence, unknowing what to say next. Then Y/n cleared her throat. "Hey Heesung, do you wanna catch up next week after Riki's session? I know a good coffee place nearby."

I nodded. "Sure, I don't mind."

—————
Oh my gosh, what did I just say?

—————
"Come on, bud, let's go home."

Riki jumped from the chair and grabbed my hand. "Bye, Miss Y/n!" he chirped. Y/n beamed and waved. "Bye, Riki!"

After we got in the car, Riki said, "I didn't know that you and Miss Y/n were a couple." I raised an eyebrow. "How do you know about that word?"

However, he didn't answer, for he was still playing on my phone. Instead, he gave me a cheeky giggle. I couldn't help just smiling.

—————
I can't believe people are still reading Drunk-Dazed. It's so embarrassing lol
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow!