Chapter 19: Apologize

You and Heeseung were riding in the car together on the way to Flower Coffee shop. Mimi was also coming too.

You told them that you just wanted to hang out for breakfast. You didn't mention the truth.

When you and Heeseung got out of his car, you saw Mimi climbing out of her car as well. "Mimi!" you shouted. She turned around and smiled when she saw you. "Y/n!"

Mimi ran and embraced you in a hug. "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" she said. "You just saw me last week!" you said.

Mimi released from the hug and nodded towards Heeseung. "Heeseung,"

"Mimi," Heeseung nodded back. "Is Y/n treating you well?"

You pouted and looked at your friend. Heeseung laughed. "Yep. You got nothing to worry about, Mimi. Y/n is doing just fine," "Okay then," said Mimi. "Let's go eat now; I'm hungry."

As the three of you walked inside the cafe, you gazed into the parking lot, looking for Jay. Heeseung noticed this and asked, "Y/n, are you looking for someone?"

"Oh. Sorry, I just got distracted," you said. Heeseung nodded an okay, and everyone sat at a round table with three chairs. "Can we move to this table, actually?" you asked, pointing at a table with four chairs.

"Why do you want to move? There's only three of us." Mimi argued. You shrugged. "I just want to sit by the window; it's a nice day outside,"

Everyone agreed, and you all moved to the tables. You continued to stare out the window and the person. Without saying anything, you stood up and walked out of the cafe.

"Y/n! Where are you going?" asked Mimi. Heeseung watched as you walked outside. You walked to a man that looked familiar to Heeseung. "Who is she talking to?" he asked. Then he realized who the man was. "Heeseung, who's Y/n talking to?"

Heeseung turned towards Mimi with a horrid look on his face. "It's Jay,"

Mimi's eyes grew wide. "Jay? What is he doing here? I thought he was in prison?" "I thought so to9, but I guess he got out."

Mimi stood up and sat next to Heeseung. "I don't want to sit next to that monster. I hate him, and I'll never forgive him,"

Y/n, what do you have planned? Your boyfriend thought.

Finally, you walked into the cafe with Jay, and you both sat down. You noticed the atmosphere grew tense. You sighed and said, "Mimi, Heeseung, you remember Jay, right?"

"How could I forget?" your friend snapped. "It's nice to see you too, Mimi." Jay said, "And how have you been doing, little brother?" "Don't call me that." Heeseung growled.

"What? You are my little brother,"

You rolled your eyes. "We're not here to start an argument. I brought Jay here for a reason,"

"How, Y/n?" Mimi said, "I thought he was in prison?"

"I was in prison, but I got out," Jay replied. He then wrapped his arm around you. "But I found Y/n's lovely therapy center, and we talked. That's what I'm here today,"

You looked at Heeseung, and he had an angry expression on his face. Jay noticed this too and smiled. "Little brother, you're going to have that face forever if you don't relax those eyebrows."

Heeseung was about to jump out of his seat, but Mimi held him down by the shoulder. You laughed nervously. "Um, Jay, there's one tiny detail I forgot to mention yesterday."

You unwrapped his arm from your shoulder and reached over the table to grasp Heeseung's hand. He smiled and relaxed. "Heeseung and I are dating now. Sorry I didn't mention that to you yesterday,"

Jay shrugged. "You have nothing to apologize about, Y/n. That doesn't bother me at all; I'm glad you're with Heeseung."

You nodded and let go of Heeseung's hand. You looked at Jay and nodded again. He sighed and looked at the two other people.

"Look, I know you may not believe me, but I'm here the apologize."

Mimi raised an eyebrow. "Apologize? Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious. Mimi, I want to apologize to you first. I'm sorry for what I did to you at the party back then, and I'm sorry for the way I treated you. Mimi, you didn't deserve any of that."

Jay looked at his brother. "Heeseung, I'm sorry for the way I treated you in the past. I wish I could go back in time when you first came to my house. I should've welcomed you with open arms; instead, I treated you like you didn't exist."

Jay looked at both Mimi and Heeseung. "I can understand if you both won't forgive me. I was a horrible person back then, and I'm still am."

For a while, the table was silent. Everyone was confused and uncomfortable. You looked at Jay, and he had a sad expression on his face.

"Jay," you said. He looked at you.

"I forgive you,"

The whole table gasped. "Y/n..." said Jay. "Yes, I forgive you. Jay. To me, you seemed honest with your words. And I kinda feel bad for you."

"Same here," Mimi added. "Mimi..."

You all looked at Heeseung, and he still had the same angry expression on his face. You sighed. "Heeseung, you can't be mad at him forever."

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. I guess I forgive you. But if you mess up again, Jongseong, you'll be wanting to go back to prison."

"Whatever you say, little brother."

Jongseong extended his hand towards Heeseung, and they shook. You were glad. "Um, Jongseong, do you happen to know about Jisung, our father?" Heeseung asked.

You were shocked. It's been a while since your boyfriend acknowledged his father.

Jongseong shrugged. "After we all got separated, I vowed to never speak to that man ever again, and I have kept that vow."

"That's good,"

You all continued to talk until it was time to leave. You all said goodbye to each other, and Heeseung and Jay even hugged. "Aw," you said.

Heeseung whispered something in his brother's ear, and Jay nodded, taking a glance at you and smiling. You didn't worry about it and climbed into the car with Heeseung.

When he started the car, he wrapped his arm around your shoulder and kissed you on the cheek. "Y/n, thank you."

"Thank you? For what?" you asked, pretending to be confused. "For bringing my brother and me back together. I can see why you're a therapist."

"Aw, it was nothing," you said. "And what were you two whispering about?"

Heeseung pinched your cheek and grinned. "You'll find out eventually,"

—————
Yay, now the brothers are back together!
And 6 more chapters left!
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!