Chapter 10: Each Other's First

Heesung and Jonghyun were at Heesung's house, talking and drinking beer. Riki was asleep in his room.

"So, how are the dates with you and Y/N going?" Jonghyun asked. Heesung rolled his eyes, drinking the rest of his can. "For the last time: it's just hanging out with a friend."

"Yes, but this friend is your ex,"

"I know,"

You and Heesung were on the third month of eating together at Saturday night dinners. Over a long time, his feelings for you started to resurface. Heesung wanted to ask you to be his girlfriend, but he was afraid. That's why he invited Jonghyun over.

"I'm gonna need some advice, man," Heesung explained. "Okay, spill it out," said Jonghyun.

"My feelings for Y/N just came back. I want to ask her out, but wouldn't it be weird since her husband just died a couple of months ago?"

"Yes, it would be weird."

Heesung frowned at his friend. "Are you trying to help me out or bring me down? I just wanted advice."

Jonghyun nodded. "And I did give you advice. Did I ever tell you the story of how I ended up marrying Sojung?"

Heesung shook his head. "No, what about her?"

"Long story short, her first husband was a drunk. Three months into the marriage, she met me, and the husband died a couple of days after from alcoholism. Weeks later, we became a couple, and the year after that, we got married."

Heesung's mouth dropped open. Then he laughed and shook his head. "And I thought my story would be worse."

"Well, it's technically is since you're a criminal and all,"

Sometimes, Heesung just wanted to punch his friend in the face. But he also knew Jonghyun had an outgoing personality. That's why they are friends.

"I'm serious, though," Heesung said, "should I ask out Y/N?"

Jonghyun drank the rest of his can and put it aside. "If you want me true and serious advice, Lee Heesung, do what you think is right. Trust your gut,"

"But what about her kids? What if they don't approve of me?"

"It will take time for them to get to know you. The kids don't know who you are yet, right?" Heesung nodded. "So my answer is, go shoot your shot. If you miss, oh well, there's always more fish in the sea,"

Heesung smiled at his friend's words. "Thanks, man," he held his hand out, and the two men shook hands. "Anytime,"

"Oh, I should probably tell you one more thing. It's about Y/N, and I...shouldn't be that important, though."

Jonghyun shook his head. "No, when you say that, it is important. What about you and Y/N?"

Heesung took a deep breath. "Well, the day Y/N confessed to me was the same day I got arrested. And before I got arrested that night, we kind of—you know—what should I call it?"

Jonghyun gasped. "Lee Heesung, don't tell me you and Y/N..." Heesung slowly nodded. "We were both each other's first,"

Jonghyun slapped his head. "How did I not find out about this sooner?" he exclaimed. "I thought it wasn't important," Heesung shrugged.

"Wasn't important? Come on, Heesung, I know your mother raised you better than that. Did you at least use prote—"

"Kim Jonghyun, don't get into any more details. I already said too much,"

"Okay, I won't ask any more questions,"

Heesung and Jonghyun continued to talk for a few more minutes until they heard tiny footsteps walk in. They looked and saw Riki holding a blanket, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, Bud, I didn't know you were awake," said Heesung. He extended his arms out, and Riki climbed in, leaning into his father's chest.

"I had a bad dream, Daddy," the little boy said. "Oh, what was it about?"

"Mommy was walking away from me, and she had a suitcase. I tried calling her name, but she didn't answer me. I was too scared to go back to sleep after I woke up,"

"Aw, I'm so sorry," Heesung gently hugged Riki.
"You could sit here with me and Uncle Jonghyun if you want,"

"Yes, I would like that,"

Jonghyun was watching the whole scene. When it was his turn, he grinned and leaned toward Riki, tapping him on the nose. "Do you want me to ask you a question?"

Riki bobbed his head up and down quickly. Jonghyun grinned cheekily.

"How would you feel about Miss Y/N being your new Mommy?"

Immediately, Riki jumped up and grinned as well. "That would be so cool! I would get to see her every day!" Riki looked at Heesung. "Is Y/N going to be my new Mommy?"

"W-wait, hold on," the father said, shocked at his son's response. "I don't know yet, Bud; I'm still thinking about it."

"Please, Daddy! Please let Y/N be my new Mommy!"

Heesung was at a loss for words. He never expected his son to act like this. Heesung looked at Jonghyun, but he was just quietly laughing. "See, even your son wants you to ask out Y/N,"

"Wait, ask out?" Riki looked at both of the guys one at a time. "I thought you and Y/N were already going out?"

"What in the— Lee-Nishimura Riki, where did you get these words and ideas? A normal five-year-old wouldn't be talking like this."

Riki pointed at Jonghyun. Heesung scolded, and Jonghyun backed away, putting his hands up in defense. "Hey, I thought you two were already going on dates; don't blame me."

Heesung rolled his eyes for the second time that night. He looks at both his friend and his son. "It seems like you two want me to ask her out...I'll do it tomorrow."

Jonghyun and Riki cheered, and they both gave each other high fives. Heesung couldn't help but smile.

"Where are you two going to eat tomorrow? You always have leftovers for me!" Riki asked. "Bud, I was thinking we cook a meal for her together," Heesung replied. "How about spaghetti?" Riki nodded in excitement. "Yes, please!"

"Great. "We'll go to the store tomorrow and get ingredients,"

—————
Riki's dream was foreshadowing a future chapter. Any guesses?
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!