Epilogue

Many Years Later, Riki's POV

It's funny how I have two pairs of parents.

One pair lives in Japan, while the other lives in Korea.

I live with the pair in Korea.

It's also funny how I have two siblings that are not blood-related to me at all. My other two siblings only share half-blood with me.

Again with the pairs.

I told my mom (the blood-related one in Japan) about this, and she thought it was funny too. "You just have a unique family, Riki," she told me. "There's nothing wrong with that at all."

Anyways, I was eating dinner with my family in Korea when my dad said he had something important to tell us. Of course, we were all a little nervous; Dad rarely tells us serious stuff. That's Mom's job.

However, Mom didn't look nervous at all. She was smiling.

"Now, you all know that Riki and Naeun go to Japan in the summer to visit their birth mother," Dad explained. "Wait? So does it involve us?" asked Naeun. "Kind of, but it's gonna involve all of us now."

"Wait? Did something happen to Jisoo?" Minji said. "No, she's fine."

Mom groaned and rolled her eyes. "Heeseung, you're taking a long time to tell them. Kids, we're staying in Japan for our summer vacation."

I don't remember who cheered first, but all of us kids/teens at the table celebrated. I was going to see my mom again, but this time my whole family from Korea is coming!

I'm not going to lie: when I'm in Japan, I miss the family in Korea, and vice versa.

"What day are we planning on leaving?" asked Mingi. "We'll leave the first in June and come back the first in August. Just like how long Riki and Naeun usually stay there." Mom explained.

Naeun turned to me. "Can't you believe, Ni-ki? Our whole family is coming to Japan with us!" I nodded and grinned.

Then Naeun turned back to Mom and Dad. "We'll show you all the good places in Japan! It's so amazing!"

Mom and Dad smiled as well. "We can't wait," said Dad.

Before you knew it, June 1st came, and we were on the plane. My baby sister, Sojung, was jumping and squealing during the plane takeoff. You would think toddlers would be scared of riding on a plane, but not Sojung. She was a big ball of energy.

A pit of worry sat in my stomach as I glanced out the window. Usually, when I get that pit, it means bad news. Like when I was eight and rode a bike for the first time. That pit grew inside my stomach, and a couple of seconds later, I sprained my wrist falling off the bike.

Dad noticed this, and he nudged me with his elbow. "Getting that bad feeling again?" I nodded, and he chuckled.

"Riki, you have nothing to worry about; nothing bad will happen during the vacation. Your mom will be happy to see you and Naeun. It'll be like a fever."

I raised my eyebrows. "A fever?"

"Yes. This vacation will be like a burning love, a dream you don't want to wake up from."

I laughed. "Have you been hanging around Mom too much?"

"You know I have."

I ended up dozing off. I woke up when I felt someone slapping my face. I opened my eyes and saw a drooling Sojung. "Ki, Ki, Ki," said repeatedly.

"We're here now, Riki; I had Sojung wake you up." Mom said, "Sorry if you have drool on you." "It's fine," I replied, wiping my face off.

I grabbed my suitcase and boarded off the plane. We all walked into the airport, looking for my parents, who live in Japan. Then I saw a familiar woman waving from feet away. "Ni-ki! Naeun!"

Naeun and I dropped our suitcases and ran to our mother, embracing her in a hug. "How are my little ones doing?"

"Good," Naeun and I said at the same time. "They're not little anymore, Jisoo, especially Riki." said my dad from Japan. "Hm, I guess you're right." Then Mom went to great my parents from Korea.

The pit I had in my stomach went away. I was less tense now.

I don't know what I was worried about; everything will be fine. I have both of my families in one country.

Dad was right; this does feel like a fever.

A burning love.

A dream I don't want to escape.

The end

That's all folks! The Drunk-Dazed Series is officially over! Thank y'all for all the love and support. I enjoyed reading the funny comments! I'll be writing THREE books at the same time, so be on the lookout! Again, thank y'all so much!

Janloumas