Chapter 23: Father

Months Later

Mimi adjusted the veil on my head. She grabbed my hands and walked me to the mirror to see my reflection. I gasped.

I could barely recognize my reflection. I was wearing a wedding dress with the sleeves off my shoulders. It reached to the ground, and my veil reached to my waist.

My mother did my makeup since I'm not good at it, and she did a great job. I didn't have any wild colors of eye shadow or blush; it was natural.

She, Mimi, Minji, and Naeun was all standing behind me with bright grins on their faces. "You look so pretty, Mom," Minji said.

"Yes, Sweetheart, you do," Mom added. I quietly said thank you and walked to the desk to pick up my purple bouquet.

Mom came beside me and started to rub my back. "There there, Y/n, calm your nerves down a little." I smiled; she could tell I was nervous.

I released a deep breath. "I'll try, Mom. It's just me and Heeseung were preparing this wedding for months, and I don't want anything to go wrong."

"Everything will be perfect; you have nothing to worry about."

I wanted to believe her words, and a part of me did. I also prepared a surprise for Heeseung and Jay too as well. I'm more nervous about that than the wedding.

There was a knock on the door, and there was a woman's voice. It was the wedding planner. "Y/n, are you ready?"

I looked at everyone, and they nodded. I smiled and replied, "Yes. I am."

—————
I was fidgeting with my hands while waiting at the altar. They were sweating a lot.

Jonghyun, Jay, Riki, and Mingi were already here. We just had to wait for you and the bridesmaids.

I started to think about what your wedding dress looks like; you made sure that I couldn't see it.

After we all moved into a new house together (and was completely paid off by your wealthy parents), I tried to get a quick glimpse into the closet. I had to sleep on the couch for one night after that.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice the guests standing up. I looked and saw Minji, Mimi, Naeun, and your mother, Dongmi.

Then the traditional wedding march song played. I looked at the door, and my breath went away.

There you were, holding a purple bouquet and walking in with your father, Insun.

I could understand why you didn't want me to see the wedding dress; it was breathtaking, and everyone else thought so too.

After a few seconds, you both arrived at the alter, and Insun handed you to me. "Please take care of her, Lee Heeseung," he whispered. I nodded. "I will, sir,"

During the next couple of minutes, we said our wedding vows, and Riki gave us the rings. Then it was finally time.

"Sim Y/n, do you take Lee Heeseung and promise to love, care, and cherish him for the rest of your life?" said the minister.

You smiled. "I do,"

"Lee Heeseung, do you take Sim Y/n and promise to love, care, and cherish him for the rest of your life?"

"I do," I replied.

"Then you may kiss the bride."

I softly held you by your face and leaned in. Everyone cheered as we shared our kiss as a married couple.

It was bliss; I didn't want this moment to end.

—————
We had just cut into the wedding cake. It was funny because Heeseung wanted chocolate, and I wanted vanilla. So the Baker ended up doing a swirl of both of those flavors. Heeseung nor I complained at all.

I kept looking at the door, waiting for the surprise to arrive. I guessed I looked nervous because Heeseung grabbed my hands, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Y/n, are you okay?" he asked me. He touched the corner of my mouth with his thumb. I grabbed his hand and held it. "Of course, I am, Heeseung."

"But it looks like something's bothering you,"

"No, not at all! It's just—"

In the corner of my eye, I saw the door open. I immediately got up and walked towards the person who came inside. I bowed and said, "I'm glad you could make it, Jisung."

The older man smiled and nodded his head. Heeseung and Jay came behind me, and they were in shock. "Jisung," both of the boys said. I could tell they were nervous.

"It's so wonderful to see both of my sons. I have many things to discuss."

Heeseung gave me a look, and I nodded. "There's an extra table in the back." I said, "you all could go talk there."

The three boys walked to that table. I was praying that they wouldn't try to kill each other.

While we were planning our wedding, I was tracking down Jisung. I found him in a small town a couple of minutes from here. His wife, Jay's mom specifically, was sick, and he had to take care of her.

I had begged Jisung to come to the wedding, and he was cautious. But then I explained why he had to come to meet his sons. Then Jisung finally agreed.

I sat back down at my table, watching them talk when my father came. He leaned in and said, "you did a good thing, Y/n."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I desperately hope that they don't murder each other."

"They won't. A father and his son need to have a close relationship. Getting Jisung here to talk to Jay and Heeseung is one step closer."

I nodded. "Thank you, Dad."

"Anytime, Sweetheart."

About an hour later, guests started to leave. I was eating the last mini cupcake when I felt someone hugging me from behind. It was Heeseung.

"Thank you so much, Y/n," he said. I chuckled. "So I'm assuming it went well?"

"Yes, it did. Dad apologized for his actions, but he apologized to me specifically. He felt bad for pushing me aside like a stranger. Jay and I forgave him. Dad told us about Jay's mother, and Jay said he'll take care of her."

"That's good."

We were silent as we got back to watching the guests, Heeseung continuing the have his arms wrapped around my waist.

"You know, my mother would've liked you."

I was shocked. It's the first time in a while that Heeseung mentioned her to me. "Really?"

"Yes. Sadly, I barely have memories now, but I knew my mother would like you. Both of you two are determined to get what you want."

I laughed. "I wished I would've met your mother; she sounds like a great person."

"She was."

—————
Argh, the last chapter is next! I don't want this book to end!!
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!