Chapter 01

Cold night seems to get warmer when a person's heart was filled up with excitement and thrill for tomorrow

Cold night seems to get warmer when a person's heart was filled up with excitement and thrill for tomorrow. Ella thought of sleeping early as eight in the evening with happiness because tomorrow is her birthday - that can be seen from her smile with her dewy pink lips. She lied down while wearing a personal tailored blue evening pajama to her carefully crafted bed made from the cotton inside the Esenwood estate property, so fluffy and covered with white satin- it shows luxury. She's hugging one of her cushions tight while pressing her face against it mimicking
the gesture of a silent scream. And later on, her hyperactivity due to excessive happiness had brought her tired asleep not caring about proper sleeping positions.

Her family belongs to lowest rank of nobles-the baron and baroness but thinking the expensive items that the Esenwood house had they were not just any ordinary family. Her father, Baron Alaric Esenwood, have become the trusted sailor for both importation and exportation of goods in Schlemiel Kingdom as well as some foreign countries outside the kingdom's borders. Her mother, Baroness Lea Esenwood, a known woman of social circles between the aristocrats has always been a graceful and loving mother to her daughter. No matter what good circumstances there are for the family, there will always be a line between them and the royal family. The Esenwood had always remained neutral between the royal family faction and the noble faction consisting of all famous personalities among the society.

Nonetheless, Ella was still reassured of their life even they belong to the lowest of the low. For all she knows, she can still sleep soundly and continue living her life being the only child of the established Esenwood couple. She can still dream of becoming someone she wants despite their inconsistent position as a family with no particular group to side on. Her parents were still able to throw grand birthday parties for her. Knowing that her father was a sailor, he was rarely home and it's the same case for her thirteenth birthday tomorrow. And what worries more the young lady, was her father not sending any letters for almost two months of working. This doesn't mean she have to be weeping around but must show how merry she is to be able to live with her mother. The Baroness was in charge of the house when the head of the family wasn't around but she barely manages to do so for quite some time due to her illness. And, that's more of a reason why Ella has to be strong and bright as a child. These are the tales that circulates around the estate.

For a mean time, the head maid was assigned to create firm decisions as per recommendation of the mistress of the house which is Ella's mother, the baroness. She was responsible for taking care of internal affairs and preparations for Ella's birthday celebration. The house invested in buying ribbon laces as well as elegant rosy-pink decorations that suited the child's taste in color. Fresh ingredients were bought from the capital's market to ensure the food that was going to be serving tomorrow was at the highest quality the Esenwoods can offer. That is all for tomorrow, everyone's rested down as the clock strikes eleven of the dark mystic night.

"Lady Ella! Wake up!"

A disturbing noise came to call her name during her nap. It was the voice of the maids inside the estate. She woke up with her body aching in a subtle manner, which she was sure it was because of her bad sleeping habits. As she stood up, she constantly sighing for she believes it was still too early for her to wake up. Even if it's her birthday, there's no way she could get up three in the morning. No matter how you look at it, the sun was nowhere to be found in the vast darkness of the moonlight sky.

Maybe they want to surprise me this early. May be they want give me their presents for my thirteenth birthday. That is what she had thought and left the room with the head maid namely Lucia. Lucia dragged her hand with formidable speed. Even when she was being dragged around, she noticed that their servants were moving with fuss. Ella constantly makes assumptions of what the servants were trying to give her. She thought of so many things like stuffed toys, books befitting her age, or may be like a song created just for her. This is surely a lovely sweet hope of a girl turning thirteen in age in couple of minutes. Ella saw the restless eyes among some of the servants serving her mom. One of them was holding a bucket of cold water and new soft white towel with golden daisies embroidered to it. Others were standing silently on the corner of the house idly. They were just there, not doing anything useful as of the moment. Her heart was shaking because of the unexplainable exhilaration she's feeling. The only thing she has on her mind was nothing but baseless presumptions of what she will be receiving.

She was being pulled in by Lucia in any possible way she can see to get into some room quickly. They came from the second floor of the east side mansion where the young lady, Ella, was sleeping in earlier. And now, they were somewhere inside the hallways of the locked drawing rooms and unused grandiose function hall designed by the famous scholar friend of the baron in architecture studies of the royal academy. Ella and Lucia will stop running from time to time just to catch up their breath and let their lungs be filled with oxygen again. It was such an effort to run around in the middle of the mansion. Maybe even for a busy person like Lucia this activity is tiring and energy-losing spurt of adrenaline. Their bodies were like porcelain coated with continuous dripping sweat while on the move. No matter how quiet a dark painted sky should be, murmuring starts to noise the place. Pale faces started to show on the blank expression of the helpers. Ella seems to have guessed the situation as: Are they scared I will not like their gift for me? There's nothing they should be worried about because I know anything they give is something I would take care of, preciously. As the negativity resides in the mansion, Ella's hypothetical guesses were still doing its work for Ella to be ignorant of it. Her wild imagination makes it possible for her to not read the situation right. Then again, they halted from moving. Lucia, kneel down on her knees to reach Ella's height level. She placed both of her hands on the child's shoulders.

"Don't be too surprised, milady. But this can't wait any longer." Lucia sighed as she said those words with care on her tone.

Ella squealed making unnecessary movements because of her impatient thrill. "Is it what I think it is?"

"Calm down young lady. I'm unfit to deliver you the exact words. So please see it yourself while holding your strength in." The head maid was uncertain of what to say and what to do- giving uneasiness to the current turn of events.