Chapter 08

Ella took a glance at Sir Lance Walter and told him to leave them alone

Ella took a glance at Sir Lance Walter and told him to leave them alone. And he did, as if he heard her voice speaking in his head. And left the estate to go home.

"Welcome back, my lord." Ella pays her respect to the Baron. It does not contain any sentiment about their familial relationship but rather about their positions inside the mansion.

The baron, Alaric Esenwood, embraced Ella, his daughter, and broke down into tears, saying he was sorry and that he was indeed too late. As for Ella, she felt anger and relief at the same time, though she thought only madness was all she could give now to the baron. At this moment, the baron had already forgotten about the letter intended to be given to the young lady. His face became reddish due to the blood rush from the sudden flow of stress and pressure.

Her ignoring the emotions she referred to as sympathy and thinking that all these scenarios were the definition of wasted time The reasons of sadness and hollowness fill her thoughts, making no space for any sign of mercy or compensation. She just let her father do what he wanted to ease his burdened heart. She frequently sighs as she hears her father asking for forgiveness when it is known to her that she could not possibly do it as soon as he wants to mend it.

Ella remembered all that had happened before her father's return. From the unexplainable unhappiness brought by the death of the baroness's mother. What could possibly be a slip of mind for a child unable to save the warmth she had beside her? Maybe her resentment towards her father was greater than her wish for immediate reconciliation. It was not easy, she thought. Confusions grew out of every person, and it is not a piece of cake to move on from things you held preciously within the heart. After a few minutes in despair, her father finally calmed himself, picking up his own and wiping off his tears.

"Just like I said before, it's undeserving. I'll ask a maid to call you for dinner, my lord." She makes her words clear and grabs the letter from her father's left hand. She left the room to stroll around the area, minding her own business.

The baron left the room to go to his chamber and have a bath. His mind was still wondering about the message his daughter had sent him. On the other side of the same time, Young lady Ella went inside the kitchen to ask the chef for a favor by cooking the baron's favorite dishes for his safe return. The chef understood the assignment and quickly got his hands on the ingredients for the dishes. She should at least prepare something for the ruler of the land, which is what she had in mind. And as she walked outside the kitchen, she noticed an old man carrying out the baggage the baron had brought with him during his journey.

"Welcome back, Sir Argon." She hugged the old man with excitement.

Sir Argon was the butler, serving as the baron's company in his ventures. But for Ella, he's considered family. A great-grandfather-like figure to her. He also returned a hug and was glad to see the young lady could even make this pleasant expression behind all the bad things that had sour her bright personality.