Chapter 12: Crushes

~To The Story~

"I wonder why our (y/n) is so happy." Your mom commented, settling a new cup of coffee for your father as she eyed you from across the table.

"Maybe getting better grades in math." Your father stated.

"What teenager would be in a good mood like this just because they are getting better in one subject?" Your mother scoffed at your father's lame notion.

Your father merely shrugged and took a sip from the hot beverage.

Wanting to know what's gotten your mood so upbeat, your mother made her way to your side of the table. When she tapped your shoulder to earn your attention. In the middle of chewing, you peered up to see your mom.

"Why are are you so happy?" She signed to you,

You meekly scratched your cheek as a blush took over your cheeks as you averted your gaze from her.

"It's nothing." You said, smiling at your mom.

She did give you a curious stare from your coy response. You went back to eating your omelette, having the colour pink clouding your cheeks. With a few more seconds of staring, your mother went back to do her own things.

She still thinks that something is going on that you're not telling her, but she figured it was something that serious so she let you be. As long as you were happy, then that was all that mattered to her.

Finishing up your breakfast, you put your fork down before pushing your chair back for you to stand up, picking up your empty plate. Your mother took your empty plate out of your hand so she can put it in the sink. With your breakfast done, it was time for you to head off.

"Bye." You parted your parents a wave before leaving the dining room and heading out of the apartment.

"Well, it's nice to see her so chipper."

"That's good. I was worried she wouldn't adjust well in a bigger city."

"I still wish I knew what made her so upbeat." Your mother mumbled, pondering about the possibilities. She then gasped with joy. "Is it a boy?!"

"It is not!!"

Unread Message: (1)

Nakamura

Hey 😜

Are you still coming?

You

Yes.

I'm on the train right now 😄✌

Nakamura

Alrighty~

We'll see you there.

You send her another text before putting your phone to sleep and resting your back against the seat of the train. When you thought you were going to be bored on this Saturday, Nakamura hit you up and asked if you wanted to go to the mall with her and along with Kayano and Okuda.

You were more than happy to accept her offer so of course, you agree to it. You haven't checked out the mall yet from the short time you've been in Tokyo.

Ever since you moved here, you have been mostly spending time with Nagisa and of course with the occasional moments of Karma. As much as spending time with the two, you still find it equally enjoyable to hang out with other girls and just do some shopping.