Welcome Back

Again, I woke up on my side and on my bed in my room. But the difference being this time, I had dozens of eyes watching me. I sat up and looked at each of them wearily. Mikey was sitting to the side of me, Naomi was standing in front of me, Julie found a folding chair from somewhere and sitting diagonally behind Naomi, and Donnie and Leo were standing by the door.

I looked around them and Mikey smiled. I smiled back.

Naomi cleared her throat and I looked at her. She flicked her tail and asked, "You okay?"

"I'm a lot okay," I grinned.

My sister smiled and asked again, "Wanna explain?"

"I remember."

"What?"

"Everything."

"What's everything?"

I looked at her while she held a soft smiled. I looked down then at Mikey, all in one slow motion. Then I said, "I remember you, Naomi, having a blind eye. Remember you and Raph and Donnie to go and save Julie. I remember sitting on the couch watching TV when everything turned black." I paused and looked at Naomi once again. "That's when I forgot, right?"

"Yes," Naomi said very softly. "It's when we all forgot..."

"It was a terrible process," Julie put in. Her eyes were glazed over. "Death. You may think it's not, but you do feel the pain. You feel the sorrow of regreting not living long enough to tell your loved one 'I love you' one last time. The pain of knowing you didn't have any choice except to die."

Naomi sighed, "But then it's gone. You don't remember pain or sorrow. You just see Glitch and darkness. Hear nothing but whispers."

"Is that what you guys did?" I asked. They looked at me with a hollow gaze and nodded. I looked away and I felt Mikey put his arm around me. "I didn't know..."

"But it was Raph and I's fault," Donnie spoke softly, startling me. I nearly forgot him and Leo were there. "After their deaths, we didn't want to watch as Mikey and Leo got to be happy while we were out looking for Julie and Naomi. We wanted you gone as well."

"So I was basically dead?" I asked, horrified.

"No," Julie interjected. "Not even close. You just transferred bodies and most memories."

"Then..." I started, but trailed off. "What about Sophie?"

"Still out there," Leo finally spoke up, his voice hollow with the pain of hearing her name.

Naomi's tail flicked and she looked at me, "But she's next."

I smiled and nodded. Leo left and so did Donnie. Naomi hugged me then left, Julie followed suit. Mikey stayed with me and I leaned into him, happy to be back with all the memories and to be caught up with all the news.

Mikey's breathing was constant and even, which meant he was recovering well. I was relaxed under him, letting his calm wash over me. Mikey could be calm, believe it or not. My life was complete again after the long feeling of it being hollow. I didn't notice it was feeling hollow until this moment.

"I'm glad you're back," Mikey finally said.

"I am too," I smiled, curling into him more.

"You know what?"

"Hmm?"

"Julie's expecting."

"Expecting what?"

He chuckled, "A child."

"Already?!" I gasped, sitting up and bumping into his chin. I held the top of my head and asked in a quieter tone, "Already?"

"Yeah," he repled with a smile. "We should be happy for them."

"I am," I answered. "Does Donnie know?"

"Yeah. He's been jumpy all afternoon." I giggled and he chuckled. We smiled and I leaned back on him. He rubbed my shoulder and then said softly, "Thank you for saving me."

I blushed and looked at him, "Of course I would save you."

"But you barely knew me... In a sense."

"You were the one that seemed the nicest to me when I came down here."

"I'll always be nice to my Mikito. Even if she doesn't remember me," he smiled which made me smile back and he kissed me. I relaxed completely and let my mind go blank except for the feel of his lips.

My life was missing only one thing at this point.

Sophie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TMNT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess what book is neeeext. :D