Logan, Sam And Hector

Logan was embarrassed about the mixup with Gordon and Edward's trains but worked hard to make up for it. One morning, he had just shunted a small goods train behind Toby to take up to Ffarquar when The Fat Controller arrived.
"Morning Sir, sorry about the mixup on my first day." Logan greeted.
"Don't worry about it Logan, I'm proud of you, Gordon told me everything and I know you did everything you could to put things right." Smiled The Fat Controller kindly.
Just then Sam The Virginian Engine steamed in. Logan and Sam hadn't met yet and Logan felt nervous. He felt like a rat compared to Sam's scale!
"Mornin' Sir, I believe you wanted to see me..." greeted Sam, he then saw Logan staring up at him.
"Alright there mate? Look kinda nervous... I don't bite!" Sam chuckled.
Logan just gave a tiny smile, still intimidated.
The Fat Controller cleared his throat.
Both engines looked at him.
"I'd like you two to help Sonnyat the Crosby coal mines. Sam will pull coal trains whilst Sonny and Logan shunt trucks at the mines. It'll be tough but I'm sure you can manage." As he began to leave he added "And don't take too much up the hill this time Sam!" He laughed and walked off.
"Very drole Sir! Very drole!" Sam muttered.
"I heard that!"
Sam and Logan were soon on their way to the mines.
"Y' alright mate? Look like y've sin a ghost...? Sam asked seeing Logan's worried look.
"Y.Y.Yeah just not used to such... large... engines." Logan stammered.
"Don't worry y'self mate, I'm just a big friendly giant, so long as y' don't annoy me." Sam smirked.
Logan returned a warm smile.
"Tis' a start s'pose..." Sam muttered. It was lucky Logan didn't hear him.
The two soon arrived at the coal mines. They sawa small dark blue tank engine shunting a line of trucks.
"You must be Sam and Logan! I'm Sonny, pleasure to meet you! Glad I've got help now, even with Hector's help I've been struggling.
"Who's Hector?" Logan replied, puzzled.
"He's a large hopper wagon owned by the coal company, you can't miss him!" Sonny explained.
"I thought trucks were troublesome..." Logan gasped.
"Most are, Hector is in the minority of decent trucks, helps keep them in line!" Sonny smiled, "trust him and you'll do well!" The well tank then left for more trucks as Stanley arrived.
"Are these lot mine Sonny?" He called.
"Yes! All yours Stan!" Sonny called from accross the yards.
"Cheers!"
Stanley steamed cheerily away.
Sam and Logan were soon busy with their new work. For his small size, Logan was quite strong. Even Sam was impressed, however both were sceptical about Hector.
"Alright shape up lads! No trouble!" Hector called as Logan shunted him andsome other trucks to the hoppers.
"I can manage em on my own Hectroid!" Logan grumbled.
Hector looked down at his buffers sadly.
Sam was the same.
"No trouble, come quietly! No trouble, come quietly!" Hector smiled.
"Will y' stop distracting me! I've got to concentrate!" Sam snapped.
Hector felt useless.
The hopper wagon kept trying to help but the pair told him to be quiet and behave!
Sonny was concerned.
"You alright Hector?" He asked kindly later that week.
"Why do they hate me? What did I do to them?" Hector sighed, almost crying.
"They just needtime to see how important and special you are, you remember what I was likewhen I arrived, given the cold buffer and had to provemyself, you just have to show them the good in you!" Sonny comforted and steamed off to shunt some more trucks.
Later Hector was dozing when he heard Logan's whistle.
"Oh no! What will he say?" Hector muttered. He then heard Sam's whistle as both came reversing from oposite ends of the yard on the same line!
"Oh no! I must do something!" Hector gasped. He closed his eyes tight and...
"LOOK OUT!" he cried, "STOP LOGAN! STOP SAM!"
Both engines gasped and braked hard! They stopped with their rear buffers gently nudging each other.
"Well... that was unexpected!" Sam stammered.
"I know, cheers Hect..." Logan then realised who had saved them, "oh it's you, they truck who won't listen to us and keeps playing 'leader of good behaviour' even if you did help usyou're still a truck, trucks are silly and noisy! Do us a favour and keep your buffers out of our way!" Logan stormed off. Sam was shocked.
"Urm... thanks Hector, you're not too bad, I guess!" Sam stammered and steamed swiftly away.
Hector still felt sad, little did the trio know someone saw everything!
Logan and Sam backed into the sheds that evening to find The Fat Controller waiting for them, he was cross!
"So...!" You have a grudge towards poor Hector do you Logan!? Why is that?" He asked sternly.
"Well Sir... he kept distracting Sam and me when we were working acting likesome sort of leader!" Logan grumbled.
"Even after he prevented an accident, why don't you trust him?"
"He can't just be a friend by stopping a little accident Sir!"
"More than a little one Logan! We were movingpretty quick!" Sam frowned.
Logan sighed, "Alright I'll go apologise tomorrow, he did help us, I guess...
The Fat Controller gave Sam a look of gratitude and strolled away.
The following morning Logan went up to Hector. 
"Hey hector... sorry about how I treated you! I've just always disliked trucks since one who was like you, well, pretended to be decent and caused an accident where I was in the works for several months. " logan sighed sadly, I hope we can be friends..."
"While I don't agree with how you were towards me I can see that you're sorry, I see no problem in us being friends. Just try be more trusting of me eh?" Hector smiled.
From that day on Hector and the two new engines got along perfectly and Hector likes to think of Logan as a best friend!