Naruto Interlude (20)

He could never, ever in all of his life imagined that this would happen. Never in his life would Naruto would have thought to have found this horrifying yet relieving truth. It was horrifying because it concerned him, because it was something that he was denied and relieving in that he finally received the answers that he wanted.A great number of truths were brought to the light and it was all because a simple revelation on his friend's part. He never knew that a name could have revealed so much, especially considering what those revelations were. It was… Naruto could feel nothing short of disbelief, horror, gut wrenching sadness, longing and intense anger, an anger that had caused a boiling heat to surge through him and caused him to have tunnel vision for a few short moments.
He had forced himself to calm down in his meager apartment in the less inhabited area of Konoha. He understood a great many things now. He understood why he was treated like trash, why he was treated like he was below his fellow villagers and hunted down with ever increasing vengeance during his birthday. He understood now why people whispered behind their backs, why they called him 'demon' and a slew of other names that brought only sheer anger now instead of confused hurt like it did before.
Others may have thought him dense and stupid but Naruto was more observant than they gave him credit for. It was necessary, especially for someone like him that was always in constant danger. It wasn't more than he could handle these days now that he was older, but when he was younger… he hadn't had much luck. Not to mention, his want for acceptance had held him back but it was like a veil was lifted from his eyes and he had never had a such clearer vision... Why had he been looking to gain the acceptance of those who held hearts saturated with evil? Why didn't he notice it in the first place, understood that they weren't worth it? He could have spared himself so much trouble.It may have been a coincidence, that is, being born the same day as when the Nine Tailed Beast attacked and it could have been that he was merely a scapegoat for the hurt of those who experienced great loss that day. It was a possibility and it was understandable but that didn't excuse them for their deplorable behavior... And then he had learned that the Uzumaki were a clan, a clan that was once revered and it was ignorance in his part that he hadn't known this but the blame couldn't entirely be placed on him. No.Naruto had always longed for a family, had dreamed of it when he's witnessed in others what he wished for himself. The Hokage was the only person he could actually say that he was close to and he had thought it odd  that the Hokage was close to him but he had often dismissed these musings because that's how its always been. It was simply something that was. Seeing that the Hokage was close to him, the only one during those days, he had asked him often about his parents, had inquired with wide eyes filled with desperation and hope only to filled with disappointment when the Hokage always shook his head solemnly.
He had always been called a demon, a monster and perhaps he should have made the connection earlier but still… to think… Never would he have thought that a name would have led to this yet there he was, staring at an old Academy School record, staring at an old photo of a beautiful redhaired woman.
Uzumaki Kushina it read.