Team 7(28)

Kakashi walked swiftly with eyes trained onto the words of his little orange book, into the Hokage Tower, weaving around people and he gave a hum of acknowledgement as he was joined by Asuma, Kurenai and other Jounin.
They were all no doubt headed to see the Hokage for the same reason he was, that is, to give their assessment and verdict on the Gennin teams.
Asuma smoked his cigarette, almost agitatedly and he wore a look of resignition.
"Long day Asuma?" Kurenai asked with a small smile. They walked up the long flight of stairs and she briefly thought that that they should just have gone through a window before dismissing it. There were enough shinobi who do that, she mused.
Asuma sighed heavily. "You have no idea." He muttered as they all walked into the Hokage's office and stood before him respectfully.
The Sandaime had been expecting them. He had his hands interwound together and he greeted them with a slight smile. "Good afternoon everyone."
"Hokage-sama." They all bowed slightly in respect before straightening.
Hiruzen nodded. "I'm sure you all know why you're all here. You were all assigned Genin teams and were to determine if they were worthy of becoming shinobi." Sartobi paused. "State your assessments."
So they did. One by one they gave their assessments and many a Jounin failed their teams, deeming the recent Academy graduates currently unsuitable for shinobi life. It was also noticed that most of the teams failed for the same reasons, such as extreme lack of teamwork and so on.

 It was also noticed that most of the teams failed for the same reasons, such as extreme lack of teamwork and so on

Asuma stepped forward when it was his turn. He chewed slightly on the end of a cigarette, uncaring of some of the looks he garnered. He breathed out a cloud of smoke. "Team 10; Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Chouji and Yamanaka Ino pass." He said simply before stepping back as he saw Hiruzen nod.
Kurenai stepped forward as well. "Team 8; Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, and Hyuuga Hinata pass." She said with a smile.
Kakashi stepped forward, snapping his book closed and slipping it away to his pockets. "Team 7; Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke and Zero, pass." He stated and immedietly there was a round of whispers that followed. He didn't even acknowledge them.
"Didn't he fail all of his previous teams though?"
"He seriously passed them?"
"Well he does have the last Uchiha on his team..."
Hiruzen raised an eyebrow and he silenced the whispers with a gesture of his hand. "You are passing them, Kakashi?"
Kakashi nodded. "Yes, Hokage-sama. They passed the test with flying colors." He said with a small shrug as he garnered incredulous looks this time.
It was well known that Kakashi didn't want the team. He always made it near impossible before for Genin to pass the test but this time it was different it seemed. A surprise for many, that was for sure. It was also known that Kakashi hardly gave praise, ever, so whenever he did, it was certainly something to note.
The Hokage smiled, almost knowingly in fact. Ah, so it appears that Zero-chan succeeded in her plans. She managed to get the team that she wanted and in the process created a formidable team. Team Seven... hm. He had watched Kakashi's Bell Test with his crystal ball and he had been awed at the teamwork shown, at the display of skill and power. He could see why Zero would have wanted them together. They're all powerhouses, he mused, I shudder to think of the kind of destruction they'll be capable of when they're older. He sighed morosely as he remembered the immense damage that had been done to the training grounds.
"Continue please," Hiruzen signaled as his mind wandered. But still... I'm glad they've all managed to find someone to confide in, found people to trust. After everything they've gone through... they deserve it.