Chapter One: Introduction

~~~

Once upon a time, long long ago-

Uh, absolutely not Mal, I'm narrating this.

Alright, fine.

Okay, so basically, 20 years ago or so, Belle got married to the Beast in front of a ton of personal friends. Big party, even bigger cake, lots of fun.

Well, not so much for our generation.

After their marriage and celebration, all the kingdoms came together to become the United States of Auradon, and guess who became the President? You guessed it, none other than King Adam himself.

Thanks to him, all the villains--including their sidekicks--were rounded off to a rundown Island known as the 'Isle of the Lost.' Yep, we're technically the lost souls of this universe.

Anyways, this is where all of us grew up, our own personal neck of the woods. It has absolutely no magic...

No Wi-Fi...

No way out. Or so we thought.

Hold on, you're gonna meet us soon, but first you have to check this out.

~~~

A young boy began to look out of the window towards the isle of the lost, a determined look apparent on his face.

The boy's name was Prince Ben, soon to be king of Auradon. He twists his royal ring, anxious for what's next to come.

"How is it possible that you're gonna be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" his father greeted, stepping into the room.

"He's turning 16 dear!" his mother protested.

"16? That's far too young to bw crowned king!" The king straightened out his suit jacket. Him and his wife began to have a small discussion, but Ben was too focused on the present matter to listen.

"Hey mom, dad," he says nervously, prying his gaze from the window. "I um..I've chosen his first official proclamation."

His parents looked to him, eager to hear what their son had decided. The excitement soon diminishes instantly once the next sentence leaves his mouth. "I've decided the children of the Isle of the Lost get their chance..to live here in Auradon."

His parents begin to gape at him, Belle dropping the jacket of her son in shock. "Everytime I look out to the Isle, I feel like they've been abandoned!" the brunette reasons.

"The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" Adam argues, Belle holding on to his arm. His voice had taken a hostile tone, showing that he was already on edge by the sudden preposition.

"We start out with a few first, the ones that leave our help the most." Ben steps down from a pedestal, walking up to his parents. "I've already chosen them."

"Have you?" His father growled, Belle stopping him.

"I gave you a second chance," she told him. Beast stopped for a moment and Belle looked back at her son. "Who are the parents?"

"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Jack Sparrow.." Ben paused slightly, it was at this moment where his breath caught in his throat, but it was now or never. His last words had a sharp intake of air. "And Maleficent."

The man in the back of the room gasps, absolutely mortified.

"Maleficent?!" the king yelled out, startling Ben a bit. "She's the worst villain in the land! I won't hear of it! They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!" Although he was angry, and understandably so, that last sentence was an exaggeration when it came to these five villain parents.

"But dad, the children are innocent!" Ben countered. "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" The boy looked longingly into his father's eyes, hoping that somehow, his father would have a change of heart. The Beast looked to his wife, down at the floor, and back to Ben, settling his anger before speaking once more.

"I..I suppose the children are innocent," he relented, walking away. There's no telling if he was going to process what he'd agreed to or just regret his decision. An argument could be made for both.

Belle walks up to her teenage son, patting him on the shoulders, giving him a whispered "well done" before following alongside her husband.

As they left, Ben took one more long intense look at the Isle, the determination setting in again. 

The children there were finally going to be given a chance. And he would try his absolute best to bring out the good in them.

~{The End!}~