Chapter Fourteen: Set It Off

(Pic above is the outfit board I made for the after party bc I just had the irresistible urge to make one for this chapter)

+++++++++++++++++

"(Y/n), you're positive you're feeling normal?" Mal asks for the millionth time.

You spun on your heel, huffing an exasperated breath. "Mal, I told you I'm fine. If all I did was pass out like you said, I probably didn't have enough to eat."

"It was a hard fall," Jay shrugs, hands in his pockets while the five of you walked. "You were crying and screaming."

"I was?" you think out loud, missing the hard nudge Mal gave him after the words fell from his lips. "Why can't I remember-? Ya know what, never mind. Come on, we're gonna miss the celebration!"

"Race you to the dessert table!" Carlos calls, bolting off.

"Oh, you're on!" You start to take off, along with Mal and Jay, but Evie pulls you back, pushing a curl behind your shoulder.

"Just perfecting the look," she says when you give her a questionable look.

"Thanks," you snicker, grabbing ahold of her hand. "C'mon!"

++++++++++++++++++++

Fireworks began to illuminate the sky in multiple patterns, music blasting in the background of the outdoor party via the DJ above.

You stuck one last sweet treat in your mouth before smoothing out your shortened party dress, an excited smile on your face.

Mal met your eyes with a wave, beckoning you over to the center, where her and Evie were standing, slightly swaying to the music.

Mal:
Oh, oh, yeah~

Evie:
Oh, yeah, yeah
Let's set it off! (Oh yeah~)

You grinned as Evie started to dance, some of the guys carrying Ben over.

(Y/n):
You can make it happen!
(Oh-ay, oh-ay, hey!)

They sat the young man down, and with a smile on his face, he opens his arms, welcoming the joyous atmosphere as he sang.

Ben:
Kings and queens, it's our time to rise
Write the book, story of our lives

A few others came over, surrounding Ben as they all took turns spinning and playfully bowing to their new king.

This is us taking back the night!
(Oh-ay, oh-ay)

Mal then saunters over to him, his outstretched arm awaiting her arrival, and once they connected, he twirls her around to his other side, her purple dress flowing around her.

Mal:
Break the spell, we were born this way
Be yourself, forget the DNA
Everybody raise your hands and say-
(Oh-ay, oh-ay, hey!)

You slide out of the way as Evie struts through the line of people, Doug doing his best to move in sync with her as everyone began moving in different formations and spins.

Evie:
Sound the alarm, get on your feet
Let's set it off and rock this beat
Dance till your heart is wild and free

The crowd then moves closer towards you, Evie gesturing for you to join her and sing the next line.

(Y/n):
Feelin' the power, let it all out
Like what you see in the mirror? Shout:

You twirl around freely, even with the white lace up heels adorning your feet, allowing Carlos to catch you from where he was standing and push you back into the crowd.