Chapter Six: Goodness Class

///~~~~//

Your peaceful slumber was interrupted by loud incessant knocks on the door of your dorm room. Given this was the first time actually sleeping in a real bed, the urge to ignore whoever it was was strong, but the constant knocks refuse to allow herself to return to sleep.

Crankily muttering things, you slip from under the bed's duvet, treading towards the door. The last person you were expecting to see was Carlos, confusedly raising an eyebrow at him.

"Carlos, it's literally like 7 in the fricking morning, why are you here so early?" You mutter, voice still groggy from the sleep-haze.

"Well uhh, for one thing we have classes today," Carlos pointed out. "And two, I wanted to talk to you."

"Why exactly?" (Y/n) asked, gesturing for him to come inside. He walked in, sitting on her bed, as she just stood in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Are you okay? After last night?" He asked.

"Oh yeah," she answered dryly, making her way to her backpack, looking through the contents. "I'm all cupcakes and rainbows now that we have to stay here longer all because of two immature friends, one of which always feels the need to flaunt her status and then insult me and my father."

"Always the sarcastic one," said Carlos with a small laugh. "But, you know she didn't mean it right?" You stared at him with a disbelieving look.

"I don't see her apologizing for it," comes your deadpanning reply. "As far as I'm concerned, after we get that stupid wand, we'll never have to see each other again."

"Please don't do that," the boy pleaded. "That's exactly what she did with Uma, and look what happened."

"And once again, Mal had no right for that either," you tell him. "Uma was—is—a better friend than Mal ever was anyway. And-" A sudden pause pulls over you as you dig into your jacket pockets, pulling open zippers and shaking around the article of clothing. "No, no, crap."

You turn around to face Carlos, running a hand through your disheveled hair in slight unease. "Carlos, have you seen a gold pocket watch anywhe-"

He replies silently by holding up the very thing you were looking for, you thrusting your hand out to grab it, relieved.

"How did you get this?"

"You dropped it when we were running last night, so I picked it up," he admits sheepishly. "I would've given it to you when we got back, but then you and Mal got into an argument and I figured it would be better to give you space for a while."

"Thank you," you mumble, giving him the most manageable smile possible, until reaching a conclusion. "Does this mean you know-"

"Honestly, I found out way before this, by mistake," Carlos shrugs. "But I'm not telling anyone. It's your life, your choice of friends, not anyone else's decision to make."

Yeah, out of all the members of the Core Four,  the son of Cruella was definitely your favorite. He had a mind of his own most of the time, besides the crazy dog horrors his mom filled him with.

"You're the best, pup." He groans at the use of the nickname he could really care less for.

"Please not that again." You snicker and move to your closet, pulling out your clothes for the day.

"Stay there, I'm gonna go change real quick," you inform him, pulling the top and pair of shorts out before speeding to the bathroom, shutting the door behind you. He decided to still host a conversation with you through the door.