opening the gates

TWO YEARS LATER

I woke up from a burning pain in my eyes, the pain was so strong that sweat was pouring out of me profusely. I pressed my eyes with my palms and began to moan softly.

After about ten minutes, the pain subsided. I was lying in bed covered in sweat, I had a heavy shortness of breath and I felt a slight surge of strength.

These gusts of pain started two years ago, almost immediately after that old man left, and each time I felt a little stronger and my control over mana improved a little.

I think it's because my "six eyes" are adapting to the elven body. Either because my "six eyes" are awakening, but this does not change the essence, I am gradually regaining my former strength and this pleased me.

During these two years, I was able to reach the ligh-red stage, at this rate, at about 13 years old, I will already reach the white core, if not earlier. I was able to awaken all the elements that were available to the race of elves, that is, earth, wind and water. I could use the magic of sound and plants. Although I could use them, it would not help much in battle, since incredible control is required to make plants move a little, the same situation is with sound, although it was much easier to control than plants, I could not use the full potential of this magic due to the low stage of my core, although my "six eyes" helped me in mana control, my current "six-eyed" is still far from full awakening.

On my fourth birthday, I was given a wand, it was made of silver metal and there was a blue gem in the middle of the stick, as far as I understood this is an artifact that significantly simplifies the control of mana, and indeed, it became noticeably easier for me to control my spells, now my spells began to cause significantly more destruction than without a wand.

Since I was a magician, my mom helped me with training. I was very surprised when she used plant magic so freely. While I can move the vines a little, she could freely manage up to fifteen vines, knowing how difficult it was, I couldn't help but admire my mother.

My father basically taught me only sword fighting. To say that it was difficult is to say nothing. In my previous life, I didn't use swords or any other weapons, well, after all, why do I need a weapon? I was the strongest magician on the planet, I didn't need a weapon, well, why would I fight with swords if I could just teleport from behind the enemy and tear off his head?

Along with the power that the "six-eyed" gave me, the pain in my eyes returned when I don't wear glasses for a long time. My parents didn't know about the problems with my eyes, and they didn't say anything about my glasses, maybe they thought I just wanted to look stylish.

As promised by the old man, the royal family did nothing after rejecting their offer. My family was given 100 gold coins and a letter of apology signed by the royal family. As for the glasses, when I woke up they were on the table next to my bed. Damn old man, did he break into my room and leave my glasses there?

Our house has already been completed and we have successfully moved into it. Lily, apparently, was sad when she found out that I was moving back to my house, she cried, but I was able to calm her down. You ask how? Yes, everything is easy, I just patted her on the head and said that I would come to visit and play with her. Her face brightened and she nodded.

I got out of bed and went to the shower to wash off all the sweat that stuck to my skin. After I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror. In the mirror I was met by a cute boy who had white hair and white eyebrows, he had azure-blue eyes and pointed ears, he was wearing black pants and a white shirt that accentuated his white hair. I was a bit like myself in a previous life, but now my facial features have become even sharper, it was visible even though I am only five years old now.

I left my room and went to the kitchen, where my mother and father met me. My mother came up to me, grabbed my cheeks and said "Good morning, son."

Despite the fact that my cheeks were pulled by my mom, I was able to mumble "Good morning mom, dad"

The father grinned and said, "Darling, you're going to tear off his cheeks now."

My mother came out of her fictional world and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, he's just so cute that I couldn't resist"

I sat down at the table, my mom set the table. After I ate, I went to the balcony to admire the view of the main street of the city of Zestie.

Indeed, this is an incredibly beautiful city, how many times I looked I couldn't get enough of it. Sometimes, I can just sit and look at the city for 2 hours.

I was looking at the city as usual, but now something unusual was happening before my eyes, the main gate began to glow and two silhouettes began to come out.

After they came out, I was able to recognize them as a little boy and a little girl, they were about my age.

The boy had brown hair and blue eyes, but despite his age, I was able to find wisdom in his eyes that I had not seen in any child of my age. But most of all, his ears attracted him in his appearance, they were not pointed like everyone else in this kingdom, they were rounded. He was human.

The girl had silver hair color, green eyes and a rather beautiful appearance, unlike the boy, she was an elf.

But in less than ten seconds, the guards appeared out of nowhere and surrounded the spatial gate.

The girl came forward and one of the guards knelt down, the girl said something to him and he returned back to his old position.

Even after ten seconds had passed, a beautiful white carriage appeared, from which a man and a woman got out, both had white hair and they were quite beautiful, especially a woman. The last to come out was an old man with white hair and beard, and sharp facial features. I recognized him as the old man who had entered my room through the window. It wasn't hard to figure out that it was the royal family.

A man and a woman ran up to the girl and started hugging her, the old man just stayed in his place, but a slight smile could be seen on his face.

The boy continued to stand in his place with a shocked expression on his face.

After the hug, the man and the woman offered the boy to get into the carriage. The boy agreed and so they left. Less than a minute after they appeared, but they were no longer there.

(baby, how do you like the chapter? If you found errors in this chapter, please write in the comments. Thank you for reading this chapter.)