chapter 15

POV (Roel Askart)

A month has passed since my last walk around the city.

Nothing particularly interesting has happened this month. Basically everything was the same, starting from getting out of bed early, ending with coming home in a half-dead state, there was not a single day in which I was not exhausted.

The training took place in a standard mode, first training in controlling magic, then physical exercises. It may seem to you that there is no point in exercises that increase my physical strength, but this is not so, in the future there may be many situations in which my trained body can help me.

At home, as usual, I collected mana particles in order to break through to the orange stage. I don't think I'll be able to break through to the dark orange stage in the next two months.

Arthur, as always, assimilated with his will of the beast, and Tessia increased her physical strength, in general, everything is as usual.

Sometimes, after training, I walked with Lily and her friends, mostly we just walked around the city and ate all sorts of goodies that were sold in shops.

The current king warmed noticeably to Arthur, it seemed that he realized that the boy who saved his daughter might not be bad.

During this whole month, I have not tried to use the infinity technique, because, firstly, I hardly have enough mana to create even the weakest spell, and secondly, the infinity technique negatively affects the user's brain, which is why I try not to use my technique. With "six-eyed" I could easily bypass this minus, since I could just heal myself endlessly with positive energy, but now I can't do that, I can't even create positive energy from the cursed energy, since this also requires incredible control. In the past, there were very few people who could create positive energy, I could only create it thanks to the perfect control of the "six-eyed". But I still sometimes try to recreate it, since mana does not heal wounds very well, and healers are very rare, and I do not even hope to meet them in the future.

Even though I can't use my technique, I can use the cursed energy, and it's not that bad. In a real fight, the cursed energy will be my trump card against the augmenters mage, since the augmenters will try their best to shorten the distance between us and if it does happen, I can always strengthen my body with the cursed energy. But there are also disadvantages to this, the first disadvantage is that it takes time to convert the cursed energy from mana, and I will need to start creating cursed energy in advance, the second disadvantage is that the transformation consumes a lot of mana, so I would leave this method as a last resort.

No matter how many times I tried to create the positive energy, all these attempts failed, basically, either I was running out of mana or I was losing control of the cursed energy. In general, although I said that positive energy is difficult to recreate, I did not say that it is impossible. This requires a certain control, which I successfully practice. All I need right now is just to wait.

___________________________________

[In the training room]

"Damn it, Arthur, give me my glasses"

At the moment I was in the training room with Arthur, Virion and Tessia.

"If you think I'm just going to give them to you, then you're wrong," Arthur said firmly.

"My eyes are starting to hurt, damn it, give me my glasses"

Releasing mana from its core, the grass on which Arthur was standing stirred and turned into thorny vines.

"Do you think I wasn't ready for this?" said Arthur with an infuriating grin.

In the blink of an eye, Arthur jumped high into the sky, avoiding the radius of the thorny vines. Grabbing a tree branch, he climbed onto it.

"What a naive Arthur you are, hiding in a tree from a magician who knows how to control plants is not the best idea"

Wasting no time, I took out my wand and began to cast a spell. The mana from my core mixed with atmospheric mana and began to change the structure of the tree.

Vines began to sprout from the branch on which Arthur was sitting. Arthur noticed that staying in place was not the best idea, strengthened his body with mana and jumped down.

But to his misfortune, twisting vines were waiting for him from below, waiting for their next unlucky prey.

He tried to burn the vines with fire magic, but unfortunately they turned out to be too strong for a mage with a lower core mana stage to destroy them.

In the end, the vines wrapped around Arthur's body, preventing him from making the slightest movement.

With a proud smile, I walked up to him and snatched my glasses out of his hands "Poor Arthur, not only is he being bullied by an elf child, but he can't do anything to protect himself"

"How did you get me, can you stop your cheap jokes and let me train properly?" - Arthur said, barely restraining his anger.

I smiled and brought my face closer to him "Maybe I will stop, maybe not"

Suddenly, I felt a bad feeling behind me.

Turning around, I noticed Tessia, whose head was flying straight into my chest.

"Uhhhh"

Due to the strong impact, my legs staggered and I fell to my knees.

"Stop bullying Arthur!" said Tessia, pouting

Lifting my head up, I looked at Tessia and plaintively muttered – "Traitor" "

Ha ha ha well done Tessia! Beat him half to death," Arthur said, laughing loudly.

"Ahh, you don't appreciate me at all," I said groaning.