Chapter 3

POV Nyx

Today is thanksgiving...I persuaded Kay to go spend the day with her family, she deserves it, I told her I had to catch up on school and my nurse would be here to check on me like usual so I would be perfectly fine.

I'm so bored, I still don't have much of an appetite, I just stick to a green super food drink, at least it's healthy right? I'm pretty sure I've lost like ten pounds since my surgery, but they said it's fairly normal, I honestly dont mind too...

It's seven in the morning, ew, I might as well get up though... Tony should be here in about an hour any way, since I'm further along in my recovery they saw it only fitting to lessen my nurse visits...he only comes at eight, noon and around five, well I guess I will be alone for a while today.

I get up carefully from my bed, make my way to the kitchen and start a pot of coffee, while it brews I walk to the bathroom, go pee, wash my hands and face, and brush my teeth and hair, I go back to my room and grab my Bluetooth speaker from my dresser and take it with me back to the kitchen, I then connect it to my phone, I hit shuffle on Spotify, keeping the music at a reasonable volume, it being so early in the morning, I walk over to a cabinet, grab a coffee mug from inside, and pour my glass, I sit back down at the counter and sip the hot liquid.

'Blindness' by Metric, plays over my speaker, I zone out to the sound of the music, music holds such emotions and just the tune of the melody brings back so many memories, I think back to my sixteenth birthday, my dad and step mom were out, Ben, living in the apartment building across from ours, saw that I was alone, I told him I was okay, but he ended up coming over to cheer me up... he brought our favorite chocolate, cookies and cream hersheys bars, takis, and lots of coke, we just sat in my room listening to music, dancing and eating and singing our hearts out over dramatically, that was the best birthday I could've ever asked for.

I'm snapped from my thoughts as a knock at the door sounds, I turn down my music slightly and go to see who it is, I don't think Tony would be here this early... I open my door and sure enough it's him, maybe he wanted to get the visit over with so he could have the rest of the morning with his family or something...

"Hey Tony,"

"Goodmorning Nyx," he greets me with a bright smile, I never understood how he's always so wide awake in the mornings, I just smile back at him, and move out of the way so he can walk inside, I then close the door behind him.

"Quite the taste in music," Nirvanas 'about a girl' was playing over the speaker, I chuckle slightly, bad idea, it sent a sharp pain across my chest, " I picked it up from my dad," I respond after I take a few painful seconds to recover slightly from the sudden pain, my dad grew up on rock, metal and grunge, I took kindly to 90s grunge mostly like nirvana, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, and soundgarden.

"Ah I see..." he responds as he takes a seat at the counter, "you take your meds yet?"

"Actually no,"

"We'll I am a bit early so I understand,"

"Yeah...I'll grab em" I go to my medicine cabinet, I grab my required medications dosage, then sit down beside Tony, I then swallow the pills with some coffee.

"Happy thanksgiving by the way," kinda the last thing I wanted to hear, it's just a reminder of how alone I am and will continue to be, I smile anyways, "thank you, you too....can I get you a coffee or something?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Well... I actually have to go now, thank you though,"  okay....

"Oh yeah, I understand,"

"Okay, I'll see you at noon then," he smiled brightly at me as he stood up and walked back to the door, before he disappeared behind the door, he turned to me and smiled a very genuine smile, he really was a nice guy, I'd love to be friends with him but once again he's just doing his job...