Chapter 4

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ MENTIONS OF SÛICIDE

POV Nyx

When I had gotten home, I put all my clothes away,  took off my shoes and placed Kay's cardigan back where I found it, and set an alarm for noon, I then lied down on my bed and fell asleep, I was so exhausted. Around noon after my alarm went off, Tony came to check on me, then left again, I then got a call from Kay, she said she was just making sure I'm okay, then asked if I'd be okay if she spent the night with her family, I told her yes, I basically just slept another few hours then listened to music and sat on my phone until five o'clock for Tony's last visit of the day. I ended up blasting my music when he left, I was so bored but music always helps.

Now it's ten at night, I'm still not tired, I put '@tddybear' by highly suspect and nothing but thieves on full blast, it hurts like hell but I sing my heart out, and dance as much as I can manage which is really just a sway, not even half way through the song I ended up cracking the window near the kitchen, I was sweating and hot, my shirt was itching against my stitches and irritating my skin,  without a care in the world I took it off and flung it away, still singing the entire time, leaving myself in just my leggings and sports bra.

POV Jason

It's 9:40 at night, I'm patrolling cuz I have nothing better to do, there isn't exactly anyone I'd like to spend thanksgiving with, so might as well see if any other losers like me are out and possibly getting mugged, see if there's anyone I can take out and no I don't mean as in a date.

I'm on a rooftop of a coffee shop, across from the sign to a store called, 'junk food clothing'  I've been around here for the past forty minutes and there's literally nothing interesting going on, everyone seems to be at home enjoying the holidays with their family's and friends, must be nice. I might as well check the outskirts of town, heard about a teen suicide out there a few weeks back, might check that place out.

Just a few more rooftops till I'm on his old apartment building... I make it, I stand on the edge of the roof, scanning down the alleyways with my eyes, looking out across the near and far rooftops, I walk to the other side of the roof, scan the alleyways in my visual, nothing...but  where's that music coming from? It's blasting, muffled though like a window or door is closed, ah there, I crouch on the roofs edge,  looking at the top window of the apartment building across from me, it's lit and the music is fairly distinct, but I don't see anyone.

I was going to get a closer look, but a girl steps into visual, dancing around, if you can call it that... she looked stiff, almost in pain, it could almost be pretty though, I could hear her singing faintly, she looks no older than eighteen, brown short hair, looks like white is fading into it from her roots, that's...interesting.

She's wearing a white shirt- well was wearing, she just threw it across the room, now she's just in her pants and a sports bra, she looks like she's literally singing her heart out, If it wasn't so muffled I'd say it was good, she turns my way with her eyes closed still swaying to the music, what is... a huge incision, looks fairly fresh, maybe eight inches long going down the center of her chest, that's probably why she's so stiff, heart surgery I'm guessing.

Shoot, she's walking towards the window, I don't think she can see me but I scoot but from the edge a step just to be sure, she cracks the window partly, and continues to sing and sway, she does sing nicely, I can tell she's in pain and straining but she must have a beautiful voice when she's healed, the songs not bad either.

Now that I think of it, what would a young girl be doing alone on thanksgiving? She seems fine but that's kinda sad.

I might as well get out of here I feel like a creep for watching a girl through her window while she's in her bra...wait...she just doubled over, hands on her knees coughing... I don't know if I should help with her having a pretty fresh looking surgical wound...okay she stopped, that must've been painful, she's walking towards the window, if I didn't know any better I'd say she was looking at me, but her eyes were lower, probably level with the window below me, it looks like she's now looking at her reflection in the window, now she's...crying, she traces the wound on her chest with one hand while crying more...okay now this is just sad.

Well now she's opening the window...what is she- she's climbing out, onto the fire escape stairs, she looks like she's in a lot of pain, that can't be good in her condition, she's climbing up the rest of the stairs to the roof...crap, she's walking to the edge, not facing me, I have the visual of her side profile, she steps on the ledge, she's just standing there, shit I better get over there, well, never mind she's sitting down now, legs hanging over the edge, she has her face in her hands, sobbing I believe, she must be cold too, her body is shivering and trembling with sobs and the subtle breeze, she lifts her face up to the sky, I can see her tears gleaming in the moonlight, she's saying something but she's so quiet and I can't get any closer, I think I heard the name Ben, maybe I'll look into it further, think I'll keep an eye on her.

POV Nyx

I was having fun, but it hurt, I started coughing, a lot, that hurt like hell, I was able to calm down, I was facing the window, I could see Bens old apartment window, the lights were off in his absence, I'm sure his parents would never want to go back there, God I miss him, I miss singing this song with him, I walk to the cracked window, looking at my reflection now, I start crying, I trace my incision on my chest with one hand, why... why did it have to be Ben?? I need him. I cry even harder now, I open the window the rest of the way, this is gonna hurt, I crawl through to the fire stairs, I climb to the top of the roof, I walk not towards bens old apartment but to where I can see towards the distant city. I walk to the ledge, I just stand there, I look down at the hard, cold pavement far below me, I'm ready to see him again, every part of me wants to step off this ledge, every part except one, it holds me back like an invisible inner force of the strength of ten men, Bens words echo in my mind, 'I want you to live,' he wanted to live but gave his life for me, a person who just wanted to die, I sit down on the edge, my feet hanging on the wall, I lay my face in my hands as I sob, I then lift my face up to the night sky, stars and moonlight touch my face, the same sky Ben used to gaze at, " I'll live for you Ben, that's what you wanted, i wish you were here..."he promised... I decide it's late enough and I've had enough adventures for one day, I make my way back down to my apartment.

POV Jason

That was depressing... wonder what her damage is, I just witnessed a girl go from dancing and singing, to climbing up to a roof and almost committing suicide, I thought I was chaotic, I decide to hang around until I know she's safe...she gets up from the edge and goes back down the stairs to climb through her window, I see her close her window, she then just sits at her counter for a good five minutes just...zoning, she then disappears into her apartment and the lights go out, I guess she went to bed. I think it's about time I get some rest too...

A/N heyyyyy over 1440 words!
So what do y'all think of Jason's first appearance? I'm going to have him in a lot more chapters from now on and he's about to reveal a plot twist *oooohs* anyway hope y'all enjoyed don't be afraid to comment, I'll respond, I'm nice I swear lol anyways love y'all ♥️