Chapter 6

POV Jason

It's been two weeks since I discovered Nyx, reportedly today is her seventeenth birthday, I've seen no sign of danger targeted towards her so far, they must be waiting for the right time.

POV Nyx

Today I'm officially seventeen, this morning Kay bid farewell, she apparently had to leave the country for her job, Tony asked if we could grab a coffee together sometime when I'm cleared to leave the apartment, little does he know I've already left, and I plan on leaving tonight as well... I want to visit Bens grave, his parents didn't host a public funeral for him, or they just didn't tell me.

*time skip*

I dress in black skinny jeans, a black turtleneck, with a black leather jacket over, I then put on my red and black high top Air Force 1s, I leave at sunset, I walk through the busiest part of the city in order to get to the cemetery, I walk past countless bars, clubs, strip clubs, restaurants, clothing stores, general stores and coffee shops, when I pass a certain club I notice a sign in their window, 'singer wanted' ...hmm... I might check that out sometime, I've always loved singing.

I walk along an empty dark alleyway, alone, the chilly air whips at my ears and nose, I feel like someone's watching me, I casually scan besides me, no one, then I turn around, nothing but the distant lights of the city, I turn back around towards the open cemetery, I decide to look up to the roofs, I catch a glimpse of something...red? I shake the feeling, must've been a stray article of clothing or something...

I make it to the open, dark graveyard, I scan the gravestones until I happen upon one engraved, 'Benjamin Thomas James* beloved son, friend athlete, 2003-2021' I can't help myself, warm tears stream down my cold cheeks, I'm not moving or making a sound, I just stand in front of his grave, silently weeping.

POV Jason

This girl- if she only knew how much danger she's putting herself in, going out at night...alone, and walking down an empty alley alone?! I followed her from her house, I noticed her interest in the singing gig at a club on her way, I almost was spotted by her on the roof of a building as she walked through an alleyway, I can't believe how slow some peoples senses are.

I stay on the roof as she walks through the countless gravestones, she stops at one, just staring down at it, I could faintly see the stream of tears roll from her sad eyes.

She stayed in that spot for almost an hour, just weeping, when she finally decided to leave I followed her just to make sure, once she was back in her apartment I went back to the cemetery, to take a look at the gravestone, the one she was visiting, it was the boys that committed suicide. Damn

*time skip*

POV Nyx

It's noon, the day after my birthday, I decide to check out the club with the sign form last night, it might be fun, plus I need something to keep me busy, maybe It'll keep my mind off things, my dangerous thoughts...

Since I'm just grabbing an application I don't wanna dress too fancy, but I'd like to still look professional, I go with some high waisted, wide leg, black silk pants, with a semi cropped, black turtleneck, and some simple low heeled boots, I need to get my hair redone, I don't have time at the moment though... I decide I'll put it in a slicked low bun.

I make it to the club and enter, it's dimly lit, with neatly spread rows of tables, set with glasses and silverware on white table cloths, on the back wall is the stage, a grand piano in a corner, center stage is a beautiful microphone, on the far right wall is a bar, I go to the bartender, I stop at the counter, a nervous smile on my face, " what can I get for you ma'am?"
The young man asks, putting both hands on the counter and looking me in the eye with a calm expression.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could have an application?"

"What exactly for ma'am?"

"Uh, the singer if you're still looking," at this his eyes widened in shock almost, he then straightened up saying, " oh yes of course, I'll be right back," he quickly escaped the containment of the bar counter and made his way around the tables and chairs to the far wall, through a 'no entry' door, he wasn't gone very long and came back followed by a middle aged, very professional and rich looking man, the bartender stood next to me, the man came up to face me and offered his hand, "you have no idea how glad we are to have someone interested in singing...Finneas, lovely to meet you miss..?"

Taking his hand to shake slightly caught off guard I replied, "Nyx, nice to meet you too sir," I hope he couldn't feel the shakiness I'm my hand, or the quickened pulse in my wrist, I tried covering my anxiety with a little smile.

"What a beautiful name, can you sing as beautifully?"

"Oh uhm..."

"I'm just playing with you, but would you be able to give us a taste of your abilities?" I didn't necessarily come prepared to perform, but I have a couple go to songs that would do...

"If you insist sir, I have to be honest I am very nervous right now," I laughed nervously, oh god I must look like a fool.

"Oh please, just Finneas, and that's alright, just pretend we're not here, also anything piano, my boy here can play for you" he patted the bartenders shoulder, rather roughly, I almost forgot he was there...

"Okay, do you have any requests?"

"I want you to pick so I can get an idea of what you like," not the answer I expected but okay I may have something in mind, I have a feeling it'll suit the atmosphere, "okay I think I have one"

"Awesome"

The bartender stepped on the stage and offered his hand to help me up, which I accepted, I whispered the song of my choosing to which his face immediately lit up, " that's my father's favorite song," I guess Finneas is his dad... the bartender readied himself at the grand piano, as I made my way to the microphone, I looked back at him to see him waiting for my eye contact, he gave me a reassuring smile, then started playing an all too familiar tune, I step closer to the microphone, my queue sounds, and I begin to sing 'Danke schoen' by Wayne Newton.

His range is perfect with mine, the keys roll off my tongue naturally and almost effortlessly, when the chorus comes I feel a burst of confidence and belt the lyrics, swaying with the music slightly, even in the absence of the numerous instruments it's such a magnificent sound, just the echo of a grand piano played by someone with true talent and a beaming voice can be so beautiful, Finneas looks completely stunned at me, I hope it's a good thing, the song comes to an end, I step from the microphone slightly winded from going at it, I smile nervously then am greeted by Finneas' beaming smile and applause, his son then comes beside me from the piano with a similar smile plastered on his lips, Finneas steps towards the stage and congratulates me, "you're hired" he laughs, obviously awed by the performance, I guess he liked it, little does he know I've never performed in front of strangers before, "you did amazing," the bartender leans towards me with his grin, I turn to face him, " thank you, and so did you, I couldn't have done it without you...what's your name by the way?"

"Oh uh...Finneas junior," he quietly half mumbled while his cheeks turned a slight shade of pink, " but you can call me Finn, most people do,"

My attention is turned back towards Finneas below the stage when he asks, "nyx would you be able to perform tonight for us?"

"Yes of course,"
"Alright, there's a rehearsal room behind the stage, could you be here by five?"
"Sure,"

Guess I have a job now, I don't necessarily need the money, but I need something to do rather than be alone all the time with nothing but my negative thoughts.

A/N
Heyyy *nervously chuckles*
It's been a while, I know I don't have a lotta readers but to the ones I do have I'm am sorry for not updating for forever
Anywaysssss hope you guys enjoy this and I have some great things in store for the next few chapters to come, merry crisis guys ♥️❤️‍🔥