Chapter 5

Guys I love that pic of Jason omg

POV Nyx
The sun shines through my eyes lids, causing me to see nothing but red-orange, I can't possibly go back to sleep now, what time is it? I open my eyes, squinting at the sunlight that floods my room through my window, it's odd to have such a bright sun, or any sun at all in gotham especially this time of year.

I turn my head to look at the clock on my bedside nightstand, 10:45 am? I slept really hard I guess, I wonder why Kay didn't wake me or something.

Rubbing my eyes, I decide and try and sit up, very bad idea, a ridiculous stinging pain spikes my rib cage, I lie back down on my back, I take slow steady breaths like Tony told me to do until the pain subsides, it only lasted a minute, I just stay there staring at the ceiling for another solid five minutes, questioning my existence, I decide to get up, a different way of course, I roll onto my side, facing the door, I prop myself up on my elbow, then I'm able to sit up, I swing my legs off the bed, and stand.

I go straight to the bathroom, starting the shower, while I wait for it to heat up I brush my teeth, I swish my mouth with water, then wipe my lips with the back of my hand, I straighten my back, eye level with me reflection, I've been trying to avoid my mirrors for this exact reason, I find myself scanning my malnourished looking body, the dark circles under my eyes, my cheap box dyed hair, the once rich chocolate brown now faded into a copper, my white roots are now about an inch long, my eyes scan down to my chest, where the top of my incision is visible, I hate it so much.

I zone out, looking at my broken self, just a week ago I was standing atop my roof, looking into the deadly hard street below me, debating on wether I should jump or not. What is wrong with me?

The mirror begins to fog over, I guess my showers ready, I strip off my pajamas, trying not to make any big and sudden movements.

I stand in the shower, letting the hot water run down my back, staring at the white tile wall in front of me, will my life ever be semi normal again?

I get out of the shower, wrappping my body in a towel, I would put a towel on my head but when I lift my arms it hurts too much, I result in squeezing the ends of my shoulder length hair into a towel.

*time skip*

After putting on some spandex and an oversized Metric t, I decide I want coffee and go to the kitchen, I place my hand on the door to the refrigerator but something out of my peripheral vision catches my eye, I turn my head, theres a note on the counter, I pick it up to read, 'Nyx, you seemed like you needed rest so I decided not to wake you, went to the store, left at 10, be back shortly, call if u need anything, Kay.' 
Hmm, guess I'll be alone for a while, Tony will be here at noon though if Kay's not back by then, since I'm further in my healing process he's only been visiting twice a day now, I can finally sleep in.... What was I doing? Oh yeah, coffee, I open the fridge, spot the whipping cream, I take it out closing the door behind me, I then start to brew a pot of coffee, i haven't been actually eating basically this whole time, just living on coffee and green drink... probably not the best idea especially being a recent heart transplant patient, I'm just never hungry though.

**11:00 am**

POV Tony
Another day another dollar- never mind I don't get payed, I'm just a volunteer, I enjoy helping people, it makes me so happy to assist those in need, I've grown attached to Nyx specifically, a teen girl I'm temporarily doing check ups for, she's about five weeks into heart transplant recovery, she's been through a tremendous amount of pain, and loss, yet she always seems...fine, I can't tell if it's a 'depressed numb person' fine or 'fine' fine, I only have a couple more weeks with her, maybe more if she's not stable enough, but she's doing so well in healing I don't think it'll come to that, heck I might even be clear to stop visits early at her body's healing rate, I don't want to leave her though, I want to stay in touch, maybe she needs a friend, as far as I know all she has is me and her temporary guardian, but it might be odd, a twenty one year old dude that used to be your temporary care taker asking to be your friend...

**11:00am**

POV Jason

I've been keeping a distant eye on that girl, the one with the incision, I've even began research on her, so far I've learned she doesn't have any living relatives, father and step mother killed in a car wreck the day of her operation, and the reported teen suicide, well he happened to be her close friend, he also was her donor, I've also gathered that she'll be seventeen in a week, then her temporary guardian I've spotted with her will leave, and around one to two weeks later her care taker will cease visits as well, now something very interesting I found out about, she just so happens to be the granddaughter of a once feared crime lord, he was murdered a year ago, he apparently left his fortune to his son, the girls father, but him being gone as well, she now has full rights, Nyx Ptolema Abaddon, a name only known to be feared or hunted, I'll bet anything her fathers death was no accident, and I'll also bet she is next, she'd be an easy target, especially in her condition but not on my watch.

*unknown location*
POV Unknown

I've had enough of being looked down upon like a helpless child, I have a higher kill streak than anyone here, besides father of course, he's so absorbed in his work at the moment, he set on getting rid of the rightful heir to the Abaddon fortune, grandfathers old rival, our families have butted heads for centuries now, I don't see the big deal but my father takes after his father and is set on being the center of attention and the most feared in Gotham, and he feels he can only achieve that standard if the Abaddon family line is deleted, if he'd just give me the job of taking out the kid, probably just a helpless little boy, I can prove to him I'm worthy of being a leader, I'd finally get the respect I'm owed by fathers followers, they will fear me, he always makes a big dramatic deal though, he says we can't take out the kid now, it'd raise too much suspicion being so soon after the fathers 'accident' and we don't want perhaps the Batman to be after us, no we work in secret. 'All in good time' he says.

A/N
What did y'all think of this one? I'm adding some new characters I honestly didn't know what I was doing but I kinda was like well the fortune had to have come from somewhere right? And it's gotham so why not an old crime lord? Anyways lmk what y'all think is gonna happen, Will Tony develop a friendship with Nyx or maybe even more? Will Jason have to save nyx from the new bad guys that want her head? Will he grow fond of Nyx maybe??