Kings Pizza Hut

To comment: you find the passage you want to comment on then you touch a word and comment comes up you tap then you will be able to comment!

Chapter 3

My roommates are here! These girls are loud, funny and you would think we are sisters the way we behave together. I thought I left the foolishness home with Brook, Reanna, and Senaca, but no her comes the circus by way of Melanie and Mercedes. The M&M is what I call them. The guys from the fire drill are actually brothers Eric and Dallas born on the same day but they aren't twins...not trying to figure that out. Eric and Dallas seem cool just a little rough around the collar.

"Shut up, I did not have toothpaste all over my face" I said as Dallas is retelling M& M about how we first met. Hearing the chime I look at my phone.

B: you good?
J: oh now you trying to check on a sista
B: don't trip, nothing but love for you.
J: :) you coming to see me...
B: ain't trying to head home no time soon.
J: I'm here..
B: since when...
J: 3 days ago
B: I'll get up with you
J: bye :) love you...
B: :)

Maverick...
I walk over to the window, looking at the street below I'm not sure what I want to do or need to do. "Maverick, my dad, I mean Mr. Chase would like to see you now." Turning I look at Tracy the other intern and the VP daughter I, smile knowing she's feeling me, but I never mix work and women. Okay, thanks Tracy I say as I grab my IPad and head for the doors.

I've been with Pheonix Labs for the past 4 summers and I'm sure I could work here after graduation. Walking into the office I know the conversation that's about to take place, we have it at the end of every summer. They want me to stay on through the school year and work part-time. I always decline because I have crazy schedule with school, and other things, it's just to much.

Tracy walks behind me I can hear the click of her shoes, if she wasn't so press I may would have given her the time of day. She's smart and pretty but I'm just not feeling her. She's one of those people who would walk all over you to get what she wanted.

"Maverick, I know you hear me", she said.

"Yes Tracy I hear you what's up" I answer trying my best not to sound annoyed.

"Did you get the specs from the test we ran on the last assortment of engines we received from Japan" she asked.

I looked at her knowing she knew the answer because she was with me when I got the specs. I breath in and out not wanting to hurt her feelings. This is her all day, asking questions she knows the answers to just to get attention, frankly she's trying to hard. I go back to my office give her the information. While in my office she's invading my space, sitting on my desk and just trying anything to get my attention. Frustrated with her and her antics I walk out and continue towards the office of Mr. Chase.

After my exit interview with the VP I'm walking out of the office with a smile on my face. I was informed that, based on the work that I preformed during my internship I was gifted 25k. Now, that's a lot of money, but considering I worked 50 hour weeks for the past 8 weeks without pay and I'm considered a rising star in Applied Physics and Aero Space Science. I guess you can say I earned the money!

Nothing has ever been given to me, I've earned everything I have. I have 3 pending patens and I've already worked on 3 major inventions for Mercedes Benz engines and fuel injectors and I'm only 21. I'm not super rich, but my family comes from money and we've always lived at well. No one really knew All about me and my family, or know how smart I really am or how much I have in my accounts. I like what I like and I get what I want, but I never flash what I have. God, family, and my brothers are the order of my life. Walking out to my car I toss my bag into the back seat heading to the Cave.

The Cave...
As I enter the Cave I see Bishop texting away, that boy is forever on the phone. "What's good" I ask as I walk toward him giving him the man pound and hug. Putting his phone away he smiles and looks my way, about to respond we are both interrupted when we hear the gate go up and in comes what looks like a Shelby. It's a beauty of a car or at least it could be. I turn to Bishop giving him a nod, " handle your business I'm heading to the office in the back if you need me."

Walking over to the radio I turn to it on. Just as I settle into the chair behind the desk I hear that familiar chime.
Mel: hey bro... Whatcha doing
Mav: nothing much you good
Mel: is he okay
Mav: I got nothing to do with this
Mel: ...

Looking at the phone, refusing to get in the drama with her I put my phone in my pocket and turn on the computer and log into my account. Checking the schedule once again I'm satisfied with what I see and log off. Laying my head back listing to Casey J my minds begin to wonder as to how did I get here. Nothing around me makes any sense. I'm not at peace with myself or the people around me. I hear Bishop and Donavan coming into the office.

"A man don't ever drunk call me again, you need to handle your business and straighten up and fly right" Bishop states as he walks through the door. " Look, give her time it will work itself out," he continues as he take a seat across from me. I just look at the both of them not wanting to engage in this drama because frankly I'm sick of this here. "What's good Mav" Donavan ask taking a seat. I look at my boy noting how tired and hungover he looks. " I'm good" I state. Bishop sits back listening to the exchange with his hands crossed noting that I'm about five minutes from being all over Donavan. My face says it all, I'm too tired of his bull and I'm about to handle him if he doesn't get his business straight. Before I voice my feeling Bishop leans forward stating its time to get down to business.

After two hours of talks Bishop, Donavan and I decide to go grab something to eat. Pulling into Kings Pizza Hut we grab a seat. The waiter approaches looking hungrily at the three of us. We are good looking men always dressed and ready for whatever. We order three large pizza and three sodas and wings. Looking out to the window I thought about the meeting and what was ahead of me for the next few weeks, shaking my head I looked at my boys who were in an animated conversation with the waitress who was now placing our drinks on the table.

"So tell me baby what time can I pick you up tonight" Bishop said as the waitress begins to laugh. " about 11:30" the waitress state. I'm sure others things was said but I wasn't interested so I stopped listening. Looking at Donavan I notice that he was not texting away on his phone and with the look on his face I knew exactly who he was talking to.
About an hour later we said our good byes and headed in three different directions.

Hanging out..
Laying across my bed listing to music and Melanie texting away on her phone I slowly began to drift off when Dallas and Eric comes into the room. Looking at Melanie evilly because she never locks the door I sit up waiting to here what the dip sticks want. " Hey ladies want to get something to eat," Dallas ask. Looking at Melanie for her answer we hop off the beds grabbing our things heading out the door. As we approach the elevator Mercedes steps out with bags in her hands. After telling her we were going to get food she runs to the room dropping off her bags and head out with us.

" So Melanie, how can a brotha like me be down with a sista like you" Dallas ask. Looking up from her phone she looks at Dallas and said, "he can't" and returned to texting. Mercedes, Eric and I laugh as Dallas looks almost heart broken by what he just heard.

Opening the door to Kings Pizza we find our seats as the waitress approach. " we will be closing in 30 mins so if you want order you need to do it now" she states. We look at the menus and decides to order pizzas and wings. As we are eating and talking I find that we are all from similar backgrounds. Mercedes is an only child and her parents are both into politics, and Dallas and Eric are actually adopted brothers, who knew, the whole same day thing was kind suspect, there parents are CEO and CFO of a Fortune 500 company, and Melanie has an older brother, her parents are well off but she didn't go into details about it. The pizza and wings were good and I knew that this was going to be our spot.