• 01 •

Present day -

It's the middle of summer, why is it raining?

I stare out the coffee shop window, watching the rain drip down as I think about everything that I have decided to do.

fuck college.

I honestly don't know why I chose to go to fashion college, I mean I love fashion and I love New York, but I don't like college. I didn't even have to go to college, with my dad being the mafia leader and everything, but I wanted to make my family proud and not just live off of their money for the rest of my life.

I don't know where my brother is, he moved cities once he turned 20 and I haven't seen him in about a year. He is living with Enzo and I couldn't be more jealous. Enzo is off with women all the time, he's really turned into a playboy, as has my brother; mother and father are slightly disappointed in him. He is training to, one day, take over from my father, as being the mafia boss, but he isn't taking it seriously. Enzo is also training to be the Spanish mafia boss when his father passes, but he always used to say that he never wanted to be as cruel as his father.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I see a girl outside being splashed by a car, I giggled to myself as she starts shouting at it, obviously the car had no idea. I watch her as she storms past, muttering to herself. Sometimes I wish I was just a normal girl, not the daughter of the mafia boss.

I glance to my right and see the guard that is always near me, thanks to my dad, I try to live as normal life as I can but this is the one this my dad insisted on.

I stare down at my coffee cup that is basically empty, and then look up at my MacBook and see all of the work that I've been doing, sometimes I wish I could just delete it all and forget about everything.

Ring! ring!

I look down at my iPhone 13 Pro and see my dad's name written across the screen, I sigh and pick up the phone.

"Figlia!" his booming voice shouts at me over the phone, I wince and bring my phone slightly further away from my face. "daughter"

"Hi dad, how are you and mom?" I reply animatedly.

"My figlia, don't sound too happy to talk to me! I am okay and your mother is too, I was just calling to ask if you needed anything, we haven't spoken in a week nearly" dad says to me, I always liked how he checked up on me, even if he could be a little overbearing.

"I'm okay Dad, don't worry about me I'm just sat in the coffee shop doing some work" I reply to him, slightly happier now I know he's not telling me off.

"That's my girl! I'm so proud of you for doing something by yourself, without mine or your mothers help" he sounded so happy and proud of me, I felt myself getting emotional.

my period must be due

"Thanks dad, ti amo" I say with a slight wobble in my voice. "love you"

"Non piangere, tesoro" he says softly. "don't cry sweetheart"

"I'm not dad, I've got to go anyways so I'll talk to you or mom later, okay?" I hurriedly say, trying to get off the phone so that I don't end up sobbing in the cafe, how embarrassing would that be.

"If you're sure you're okay, I'll leave you be tesoro, ti amo" I hear over the phone, he is so kind to me and my family, anyone else though, he's a right dickhead.

The thought makes me smile as I reply, "ti amo" and hang up the phone.

I think about how much my family supports me in my career choices, because going to fashion college probably isn't the most academic thing I could do but my family agreed that it was a good thing for me to do since I have a passion for it. 

Speaking to my family always makes me want to spend time with them, I wish my brother would come back to New York for a bit so that I could see him and speak to him, and hopefully Enzo I would come with him.

My younger sister is still at high school, she hates it just like I did when I was younger, I don't see her as often as I like since mom and dad bought a house just outside of New York that's a bit quieter now that they have us. Leyla always messages me about her friends and boys and I always try to reply reply to her messages, she's such a good little sister.

I start to pack up all of my stuff, and throw my coffee cup in the bin as I leave for the cafe. I pull my hood up over my hair, and run for a taxi.

I can't wait to get home.

When I get in the taxi I send Nancy a text to tell her that I'm coming home and to get rid of any boys if she has any in the house. I don't need to be walking in on her having sexy time.

She instantly replies, "gotcha bitch" I smile at her text and turn my phone off.

I glanced out the window at the rain, and in the distance I see businessmen running into the building that my family owns, I seem to recognise a few, I look a bit closer but they're already gone.

Hi guys so this is the first proper chapter and I really hope you like it, if you could vote that would be amazing :)

There wasn't much action in this chapter, it was just telling you about what's happening at the moment so there's no confusion when I get into the proper story.

I really hope you enjoy it, I'll be uploading again on Thursday, make sure you come and read it!

Love you all

L xxx