Chapter 26: Reveal.

Aristia:
We won't be able to make it to town since the traffic is jammed up ahead. There's a village I know nearby , the people are very hospitable and I know them so they'll welcome us.

Ruveliss:
Okay.

I didn't hate the idea of being with Aristia.

Aristia:
There's one problem though , they think you and me are lovers.

Ruveliss:
What …?

They think King Aiden and Aristia are lovers? Ofcourse there were rumors since they were very close but in reality there wasn't anything between them.
I know that there's nothing but even so I'm a bit disappointed and angry.

Ruveliss:
So shouldn't we act like husband and wife?

Aristia:
Husband and wife …? I guess the last time we came here they thought of us and lovers by now they would think we're married so let's act like that.

Husband and wife?! I- I didn't think like that. But if it's with Tia than …

Aristia:
I'm not good at being a wife so you might have to do most of the things Aiden.

Ruveliss:
How come you're not a good wife? Didn't you take good care of the Castina Emperor when you were his wife?

Aristia:
Jieun did better. He was quite happy that time.

Ruveliss:
No he wasn't !!!

She frowned in annoyance making me flinch. I shouldn't bring this topic up but I envious of me in the past timeline.
Having Aristia as my wife would be a dream come true. The me in the past was such a fool.
We would love each other , go out , sleep and wake up together. Spend time and start a family … will this ever come true for me?

Aristia:
He was Aiden …  walking around arms in arms. Giving off a smile and speaking with a warm voice. He never showed me any of these so how could he not be happy? I was just an aching nuisance so maybe it was better that he had killed me.
There was no point in living that life anyways.

Ruveliss:
Ah! No-

Aristia:
I didn't want to be the third wheel in that life and in this one. That's why I ascended the Throne and left the Empire , wanting to take off the legal citizenship too because I'm always the problem maker from the start.

Ruveliss:
It's not Aristia! Didn't Jieun came and interfere in your engagement with him-?!

Aristia:
It's actually good that she came. I'm happy to know that the ill fated relationship I had with him is finally over.

Ruveliss:
How pathetic of you Tia.

Aristia:
Mind the way you talk to your Empress King Aiden.

I went quiet now , she glared at me dangerously.
We got in quickly as the villagers led us to a room.

Aristia:
Hello Lady Soria. Me and Aiden came to visit again like last year.

Soria:
I'm happy to know that you're married now.

Aristia:
Yes thank-you , do you perhaps have a room for us to stay in?

Soria:
Ofcourse! Follow me and freshen up. Both of you are drenched in rain.

They were all indeed very hospitable. After changing our clothes did I enter the room and saw Aristia on the terrace looking at the rain.
Oh God! We're pretending to be married so we would have to share a room!