6 - Dreams Coming True

Two weeks had passed since the Summerfest. Luckily, nothing had changed between Nish and him. Kris had wanted to talk about it, but in the end, it didn't happen. He didn't mind—he believed Nish felt the same about the whole thing anyway. It had been a good first experience, but becoming real friends with benefits would endanger their friendship. Things had been a little awkward after their make out session and apparently, neither of them felt like going through that again. That however didn't mean he never thought back to that kiss—or that he never wondered how it would be to kiss someone else. Someone like that little curly sitting in the front corner of the detention room, who was looking over his shoulder half of the time. Every time Kris caught his glance, the boy quickly looked away, his cheeks bright red. 

Kris might have told Safira a month ago that he wasn't interested in the Lion, but he couldn't deny the fact that it was impossible to ignore him a complete hour. There was just something... special about him. And one kiss—would that really hurt? He might even do the kid a favor. 

The bell rang, although the boy kept sitting, deep in thoughts. 

Only when everyone else had left the room and Kris got up, he seemed to snap out of his thoughts. With wide eyes, he looked over his shoulder and staggered towards the door. 

Kris couldn't resist. He used his gift to lock the door.

Bewildered, the Lion turned around. Kris stepped forward, trapping the boy between the door and himself. With a grin, Kris looked down on him, leaning one hand against the door. He could tease him a bit, right? "You think I never see you stare, Foxie?"

With wide, hazel eyes the boy looked up to him. Pure innocence. 

He's so vulnerable. 

He silenced the warning voice in his head. Vulnerability was deadly in a place like this. A little challenge would do him well. 

"S-sorry," Fox stammered. 

The boy was so nervous. Kris heard it in his breathing, he saw his hands shake. Strangely enough, he felt an unknown tension as well. His glance wandered to Fox's lips. Would he kiss just as fiercely as Nish? Kris held out his hand, letting a brown curl slip through his fingers. The younger boy held his breath. 

Kris looked him in the eye. He saw the longing, but also the insecurity, the disbelief. The thought that the boy might have fantasized about this kiss multiple times, made his heart beat faster. Very lightly, the back of his fingers stroked his heated cheek. 

"Just fucking kiss me if that's what you want."

The boy squeaked like a baby chicken and for a moment, Kris was afraid he would transform into one. Then, Fox answered: "Won't you laugh at me?"

Maybe, if you suck at it. 

He chuckled and winked. "Possibly. Just make it worth it." 

Kris didn't expect the kid to be bold enough but when their eyes met again, he felt his own heart skip a beat too. Unexpectantly, the Lion leaned into him and kissed him. 

For a moment, Kris was blindsided by the reluctant, soft lips greeting his. He dipped his head, weaving his fingers through Fox's curls. The boy pecked his lips a few times and pulled back his face. With pink cheeks, the boy looked shyly at him. 

Damn, why is that kid so fucking cute. 

It was such a contrast to Onyx, to Nish... but deep inside him, a warmth for this boy with his soft glance and shiny smile was welling up. Kris caressed his cheek and kissed him back. Controlled, even careful not to scare him. Fox relaxed a little, placing a hand against his chest before his lips parted.