Release

"The stuff of nightmares." Lisa heard Jisoo mutter under her breath as the older girl rummaged through her backpack for something to use against the airborne that had swiftly snatched Jennie.

Lisa had volunteered to carry the bag, half expecting that it would not be too heavy but it felt like she's carrying two people on her back.
They have run a mile or more, she couldn't tell, it all happened in a heartbeat.
Up ahead she could see Rosé jumping from one building to another, trying to get closer to where the airborne is.

"On my signal, Rosé will tackle the airborne and Lisa you support from the ground." Jisoo said into the com that she gave to Rosé and Lisa as she snapped together the pieces of her projectile launcher.

"Got that." Lisa said, taking off the backpack and sprinted across the deserted highway, the overgrown grass through the pavement's cracks danced as she ran past them.

"Go!"

With that everyone heard a loud explosion and a single arrow glowing red with its speed embedded itself on the Airborne's throat.

Rosé launched herself from the ledge of a high window and grabbed the Airborne by its tail, barely missing the talons that is clutching Jennie.
With the added weight the airborne dipped down. It screamed with its layered throat now in shreds because of the mortar.
The creature let go of its prey, from the ground Lisa could tell that Jennie is barely holding on to her consciousness and she's falling, hurtling to the ground. Lisa felt her legs vibrate and waves of energy blistering hot around her, the force, the change that she now willingly summons from the depths of her core has been suppressed for so long that with the little nudge the potent energy licks its way around her all too hungrily.
Lisa judged Jennie's trajectory and with a powerful jump met her midair. She caught Jennie in her arms and they spun downward.
The ground shook when they landed perfectly, the height could have shattered both of them but all her bones are in place, the force made sure of that. Not even a whiplash nor a scratch on Jennie, the charged space that both of them are encased in, seemed to throb with more unreleased power.
Lisa is still gripping Jennie to her body, she never thought she could hold someone as tight as she is holding the girl right now. This is so hard not to remember, the way she had let loose, the raw power that is sparking faint lightning between and around them, she slowly loosened her hold and realized that it wasn't just her, Jennie is also squeezing her, locking Lisa in between her arms and refusing to let go. Her cat-like eyes fixed onto her.

"It's okay, you're safe now."