Uncertainty

The dismal air inside the surveillance room grows staler by the second. It is a little known fact that looking at mundane events on the monitors could kill someone. A lanky girl haunched in front of the hundred screens looks like she could die. Lisa have been here for more than an eternity. She had to get that file where the camera has filmed her running from the men and climbing the wall early during the day and delete it from the archives.

She resists the urge of just punching through the LED screens and just balled her fists instead. Wherever she looked in the drive where it is automatically moved and backed up in real-time Lisa can't find it. She managed to get into the main computer but she's not just cut out for this. With a frustrated huff she dialed a number that kept on ringing on the other end and the answering machine bursting a bright “Nyeong-aaan please leave a message after the beep” a farting noise precedes the beep to Lisa’s disappointment she scrunched up her nose.

“Uggh Jisoo, why would you be unavailable just when I need you?” Lisa muttered under her breath staring intently into her phone.

Heavy footsteps behind her made her close all active searches she had on the screen.

“Manoban”

Lisa whipped around to see a hulking man whose muscle’s threaten to break out of his black shirt.

“The President wants to have a word with you.”

The deep voice that matches the enormous human being sent chills down Lisa’s spine.  The president might have found out what she did. She'll end up in prison or someplace worse, she feels like dying on the spot.

“R-roger that, Roger” fuck, why did say that?  She  cringed quite visibly and looked the other way so she'd avoid his unamused stare. She ducked her head and made her way out the door.

Everyone knows in their department that he doesn't like to be called by his given name, he’s known as Krunk because he always looks mad and he prefers to be called that way. Maybe even if he's asleep he would still look angry about something.

The elevator’s hum lulled her already hurting head, she wished she could just breathe easier but everytime she's a floor closer to the president’s office the more her heart rate picks up. She pinched her nose and covered her mouth with the other hand so she'd stop hyperventilating which resulted on her gasping like a drowned fish if fishes could drown.

She bit down her lower lip and rapped on the big door leading to the large office. It opened right away.

“Take a seat Lalisa.” Came the voice from behind a large swivel chair.

Am I in trouble? She wanted to ask but kept silent.

The president turned painfully slow and nodded to a folder on the table.

“I have a special assignment for you.” he continued.

Lisa confused but somehow relieved reached for the folder marked with a red CONFIDENTIAL on the cover and opened it. It is a person's profile except the information aren't complete and the picture box where the person’s image should be is blank.

Last name: Kim

First name: Unknown

Female, 20 years old.

“You are going to find her for me, you're going with Roger.”

“Krunk? Why him?” She's getting a bad feeling about this. They're not going to kill a 20 year old girl, are they?

“You do the “finding” he does the “getting", now no more questions” He said coldly, even under that stupid hat Lisa could see his eyes glint with something she cannot name.

“You both bring her to me, alive. She belongs to the Feline and the Saurian clan.” The president added as if he has read her mind.

“Yes, Mr. Yang.” Lisa replied.

On the second page is a printed emblem of a dragon from the mythical Saurian clan, Lisa can't believe they still exist, she flipped again, the Felines are very secretive she wonders if there's information about them. The last page is just a picture of a kitten. She looked up, confusion must have shown in her eyes because the President responded with a curt

“That's the only description we have of her. You're dismissed.”

Lisa went out of the office with a mix of emotions broiling in the pit of her stomach, or maybe she's just hungry. She needs to grab something to eat and bring some food for Jisoo too there is still that one problem about that thieving footage of her.

She checked the folder again and groaned, her mission starts tomorrow. Maybe the president has overestimated her skills as a tracker. He doesn't know that she's ranked on top because she has her secrets. One might call it cheating. She just hopes she doesn't have to use it often or she'll get caught. In the meantime she'll have to find this girl who looks like a cat.