Untamed

“Where am I?”

Darkness pervaded every inch of this little space she's in.

Lisa could feel her own breath bouncing back to her face. The claustrophobia choking the air out of her.
She touched the side of her neck where the dart had embedded itself.
Ugh that cat girl.
She remembered the events that transpired earlier and now she's in a fucking crate!
She calmed her breathing, or at least tried to. Her unnamed fears making the small box smaller.

The wooden groan a testament that it is being squeezed by something above the natural.

The victim inside knows and dreads the course of things. Lisa have always felt an uncontrollable force that takes hold whenever she's in a state of high panic.

  She squeezed her eyes shut and screamed at the top of her lungs, the crate swelled and splintered into innumerable pieces.
Leaving her sprawled on the cold floor of a dark containing area. Lisa gasped all the air her diaphragm could pump into her respiratory system.

This is one of the very rare moments she's thankful that she has the change in her.
Nonetheless she's still afraid of it, this ungovernable power. She needs the suppressant soon. She could find her way out of this mess without relying on something as unstable as this curse.

Judging from the general atmosphere of the place she found herself in, she knows she's in one of Yang Hyun Suk’s infamous dungeons.

She has to get out of there as soon as she can.

It only took a second for her eyes to adjust in the dark, she could make out the form of an air vent just six feet above her.

She pushed with her legs from the ground and launched herself, her fingers gripping the lip of the vent.
Seamlessly she pulled her body up, at the same time butting her head against the locked lid.
Lisa immediately regretted her decision as she felt herself fall to the ground, she's got no time to land on both her feet. With a resounding thump her butt met the floor.  She looked up, the lid is an inch askew.

She took a couple of steps back and was ready to jump when the inky blackness gave birth to a shadowy figure.

“You'll crack your skull open if you keep doing that.”

Lisa turned and immediately recognized the cat girl from earlier.

“Get away from me.”

“Just this morning you were keen on getting really close to me.” The girl scoffed. “You know, I could help you get out of here.”

“I don’t need any of your help.” Lisa replied with a tinge of annoyance.
She touched her stinging head, she could almost hear Jisoo’s admonition.

Your dura mater isn’t that hard Lisa.

Maybe she’d go along with what this girl is saying, and maybe, just maybe she could be of real help. “On second thought, what do you have for me cat- girl?”

“It’s Jennie.” The feline girl’s eye flashed. “Mr. Yang had decided you’ll be my subordinate, we’re gonna go hunt for perfect ones, I would have asked for a better assistant, but I’ll have to make do with you.”

“Me? Your subordinate? You’re kidding right? “ Lisa stood there, her arms instinctively wrapping themselves around her body. She wondered what kind of game the president is playing with her.

The girl just looked at her without any intention to answer the question.

“You have the change in you, and I bet Yang knows it too, that is why he is keeping you alive.” Jennie declared after her cat-like eyes lingered on the remaining slivers of the crate.

Lisa swallowed thickly, her hands sweaty despite the coldness of the containing room.

“I have something better to offer you, I won’t say it here, but the operating word is freedom. We only need to do this mission together, then you will get what you want.” She added.

All the doubts in the world weighed on Lisa’s shoulder. She has her fears, what does this girl mean about freedom? What she knows right now is that she had to get out of this madhouse, then she’ll slip past the cat girl and obtain liberty by herself.

That’s the initial plan.

After clearing her throat Lisa answered with an unwavering, “Okay, I’ll go with you.”

“Good.” Jennie nodded with a satisfaction of a pleased lioness who just captured her prey.