Chapter 8 - Act 2 - Part 3 - Tracking down Djinn

The day after, Aliya went to the camp to see Sanjay. When she arrived, he rushed to her. Not knowing what to say, she just hugged him. Jay came to interrupt them and purposed to do a meeting to talk about what happened.

The attack began at 4h54 p.m. with a human bomb that exploded next to one of the jeeps. This was followed by a shootout in the whole village, not sparing the villagers. The Golden Path didn’t seem to worry about throwing grenades everywhere to catch their enemies unprepared. Sanjay clenched his fists at that moment. Aliya tempered his anger covering one of them. Jay finished with congratulating the soldiers for their performance, and Aliya for her help.

-So…the suspect number one is a cunt known under the name of Djinn. He is the author of the last attacks. It is a crazy trigger who doesn’t hesitate to kidnap children to transform them into human bombs. We got it five times in three months, the last was yesterday. Yet, this son of a bitch manages to flee…Missions ranked from D to B are suspended until we find this asshole and offer him a nap in the cemetery.

Sanjay stood up, glancing at the suspect’s portrait with eyes full of hate.

-This…it’s this bastard who killed my mom and my sister…I want to kill him with you.

-Don’t be silly, kid, it’s too dangerous for you.

-But I…

The meeting ended. Aliya stayed with Sanjay and the mercenaries. Eli was indignant.

-To do human bombs and don’t have any scruples to kill the people he is supposed to protect…that man must work for Satan!

-Sure…and when I think about we can’t catch him…that pisses me off for real…

-They fled with vehicles with big wheels…can’t the tracks help us?

-Those assholes burn their vehicle before fleeing on foot…

-Ahh, crap…

-…I think I can help you…actually…his man’s real name is Yatish and he is…my uncle.

-Are you serious?

-Yeah. He worshiped Mohan, so he joined the Golden Path, but when this latter died, he went crazy and swore he will kill you all and give your blood to his “god”.

Jay raised an eyebrow. Eli was dismayed.

-‘Kay…quite arrogant…

-I know where his house is. You may find something there.

-Well…you really want to see him die, don’t you?

-He killed the two women I loved the most; I just can’t stay here and cry.

-…Let him help us.

-Excuse-me?

-Aliya, this may not be…

-Please, chiefs. Just for the house…

-…Okay. We’ll go later. Aliya…

-Don’t even think of it, I’m going with you!

-I knew you would say that…what do you think of it, Jay?

-…Well, ‘kay, but first, go and tell it to Min.

-I’ll go right now! Thank you, chiefs! See you later, Sanjay!

-Yeah.

The men looked at the young woman leaving with her quad.

-…When has she learned to drift like that?

-Don’t ask me, you know she is resourceful…right…Sanjay, come and show me where is your uncle’s house.