Chapter 38 - Royal tourism

The day after, after a nice lie-in, the newlyweds want to the turtle plateau as planned. The tyrant appreciated his aquatic walk with his dove, at the greatest pleasure of the latter. The turtles seemed to really like him! But he was more ill-at-ease with the giant ray...

After the lunch, Aliya did what Pagan wanted, resting with him. Unlike she thought, this laziness pleased her and she took advantage recovering some strength from their morning activity.

-You know, Pagan, that ray wasn't dangerous.

-I couldn't stand when it touched me! The contact was just very unpleasant!

-Coward...

She laughed facing his sulking face but he cut her putting his face in her chest – a habit he took without asking his wife.

As planned, they decided each in turn of what they were going to do. Pagan liked monument visiting like calm moments whereas Aliya preferred activities which required more investments like local dances lessons. She was proud to making him go in a cooking class...she had difficulties to take correct photos as she kept laughing about his clumsiness, and enjoyed praising his cuteness. To take his revenge, the tyrant insisted that she use her pretty underwear she bought...but they had great fun.

A few days later, they were reminding of what they did before sleeping. This day it was morning sea bath, a helicopter ride around the island, spa session and, exceptionally, a chic party on a yacht. As Aliya was teasing her husband because he was a little drunk, he took refuge in her chest again. She stroked his hair.

-Ah, seems like they grew.

-So I'll have to dye them again.

-Don't you want to come back to your natural color?

-No! I don't want to see a single white hair on me!!

-I fancy seeing what you look like to with black hair...

-To a man with dark good looks who makes women fall like rose petals...

-Ah, is that so?

-Of course. You should have seen this bunch of pretenders that followed meat Hong Kong...

She raised eyebrows facing his proud face.

-They were all madly in love with me and did everything to please me...like soulless dolls...

-I see...

-That was really uninteresting...they were all alike...

Aliya listened to his story, which made her remind a bit of the Pagan Yuma described some time ago. But he softened when he began to talk about his arrival to Kyrat, and seemed a bit bothered as he was talking.

-...Ishwari made you discover a whole new world when she came in your life, didn't she?

-Hm...

He lowered his eye for a moment. Aliya was about to say something but he stopped her.

-Ishwari was a really important person in my life...but you are so much more, my dove, be sure of it. Even if you knew who I was and what I did, you stayed with me...but you mainly helped me to find happiness again. You did so many things for me and the country...I really admire you...I love you...please don't think about what I've just said...

-Pagan...

-Don't think about it...I'm sorry, I wish I hadn't gone too far in my story; If I hurt you, I'm really sorry...

The young woman was troubled facing the tyrant in such a state and the violence with what he was insulting himself...it was true that she felt uncomfortable – and even inferior – when he talked about Ishwari...but it was no more the case. She stroked his face, making him stop in his apologizes and smiled.